The Race Place

Mick Guerin On 'Geraldine'

Happy Sunrise

Watched the Box Seat and Guerin wasn't very complimentary about Geraldine compared to Methven.

He said it was too far. Does this guy even know his geography? It is only about another 30 or 40k. I thought harness people were hardier souls. Do trainers want to go to Oamaru for the Hannon?

He also said trainers don't like the surface for the genuine open class horses. Really? if the surface was bad would they have those horses there on Sunday?

Methven is great he reckons. Well, in my book, Methven (the supposed best purpose built track) looks like a dairy farm the grass is that long, the stables bend has had problems, plus the racing is most biased towards marker runners than on any other track in NZ.

The only plus for Methven is the lack of a crossing. Hence, it is the best track label.

He would qualify to be a Green MP in an interview at times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If he doesn't like what I wrote above he can block me on here. 

I just saw his spiel about social media on the show. 

I have said it before, it is such a shame someone else is not on that show to create discussion (let alone debate) rather than just being his soapbox, which it is, without doubt.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 5:36 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

If he doesn't like what I wrote above he can block me on here. 

I just saw his spiel about social media on the show. 

I have said it before, it is such a shame someone else is not on that show to create discussion (let alone debate) rather than just being his soapbox, which it is, without doubt.

Stopped watching the tosser years ago, and o Connor.

hj

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Iv been finding him quite funny lately. And giving his opinion. I know everyone has their favourites. Some of us like bananas or apples or karrots & some of us don't like bananas or apples or karrots lol.

Be great if he joins up here BUT as anonymous. Poster G could even pretend he has never heard of Guerin lol. Guerin like who dat. 

I find O'Connor on box seat funny too. He doesn't talk as much. He mainly just nods, and gives a cheeky no teeth grin, followed by the eyebrow raise - lots of those. But overall I find they compliment each other.

Hopefully they start to do some other stuff e.g. I know there has been feedback that some would like them to focus on smaller trainers or hobby trainers, which I also agree with. 

• Like 2

Bummer BUT fair enough the man is busy, just read this from Hesi on a galloping thread last nite response from Guerin re joining in Harness here now its busier. Noted a NICE swift reply.

13 hours ago, Hesi said:

Response from Michael Guerin

Hi Alan

I really appreciate you thinking of me mate and I'll check it out again for sure but I simply can't join for chats because once I go down the rabbit hole it takes up so much time and I just don't have ant. Often for me now it is SENZ at 8am and still working till midnight. So I  maxxed out

But I hope it goers great for you guys and I look forward to reading some of it

MG
Edited by karrotsishere