The Race Place

Matty Williamson 1000 Wins

Happy Sunrise

Matthew Williamson all class in winning his 1000th. He was just concerned about getting his horse across the line despite the milestone. Great effort.

Whereas, this other driver was making some ridiculous gesture before the winning post on Sunday.

Class versus ass in my book. Sums up harness racing at the moment for me.

image.png.002dd7a524dcc9a536f7b0399884ea7a.png

image.png.9d254b91ab57bdaf1e54b893630d9b7d.png

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1

Possibly the stupid gesture of going "sssshhhhh", was in response to some social media comments, and he disliked people saying things.

That was last Sunday.

I strongly suspect he dislikes the lastest comments even more, arising from Friday afternoon's event. 

7 hours ago, Rusty said:

I strongly suspect he dislikes the lastest comments even more, arising from Friday afternoon's event. 

He should come on here and set the record straight about what happened yesterday as he has been very quick to defend himself in recent situations.

I am awaiting a statement by Gary Woodham on HRNZ this morning. He was all fire and brimstone in his early days in charge but has gone very quiet in recent times. This is a great chance to reassert himself.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

He should come on here and set the record straight about what happened yesterday as he has been very quick to defend himself in recent situations.

Im truely disturbed if A Fitzgerald is involved. I really HOPE not. IF so my word then Harness is rotten to the core. For those that might not like my words, or want to hear the reality. Too bad. No-more of this block our ears, close our eyes pretend bad things don't happen. Yes reality check out of Disneyland yes it does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Happy Sunrise said:

It is not rotten to the core, there is simply a core group that are rotten.

Anderson, Alford and Kerr to start with. Seems like more of the group to follow.

Yes suppose that was a bit harsh. Not to core. Hmm re-word then well you know what I mean. This allegation re A Fitzgerald involved. That is really bad tho. He has off n racing, he has big syndicates with owners & horses. Surely no. But gosh I don't know anymore is what I mean, which is sad to say. Thought he was trustworthy. 

A Fitzgerald if you are out there & come across this, please do come on here & advise us. 

23 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

A Fitzgerald if you are out there & come across this, please do come on here & advise us. 

The official reports to come out soon will be worth reading. Hopefully they will clear up a lot of the speculation that was on track at Addington Friday night. 

Until that time, I won't make any judgement on his trustworthiness one way or the other. 

I'd just like to know what was meant by his "sssshhhhh" (index finger up to the lips) gesture from Happy's post. 

It's an unusual gesture to make, especially on a racecourse, but it does have a universal meaning, with "successful" sporting athletes in the professional world. But like I said, he's only a amateur, so I can only assume. 

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I am awaiting a statement by Gary Woodham on HRNZ this morning. He was all fire and brimstone in his early days in charge but has gone very quiet in recent times. This is a great chance to reassert himself.

Surely you have to assert yourself before you can reassert Happy?

19 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Me too.

Given all the noise about a certain beach and its racing inhabitants any resultant cases will be fascinating to say the least.

As the old sayings goes " there is no smoke without fire". but "innocent until proven other wise" is also in play"

Only time will tell

Edited by Addington
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Just because he wrote it doesn't mean it is true.

PS I am the best punter in the galaxy.

Hahaha, on the money ha lol. 

Well I don't find him suspicious. Maybe wrong, but he did write facts e.g. he was questioned, but was able to race his horse. The other fellas horse was not able to race. 

Also never noticed any big betting plunges on his horses & there wasn't one yesterday either. 

56 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Hahaha, on the money ha lol. 

Well I don't find him suspicious. Maybe wrong, but he did write facts e.g. he was questioned, but was able to race his horse. The other fellas horse was not able to race. 

Also never noticed any big betting plunges on his horses & there wasn't one yesterday either. 

Hi Karrots.

Great work Karrots in your research with your fixed odds betting. My observations have alerted me to the other methods used that are not so transparent, and it doesn't become evident until the will pays are displayed with trebles, quaddies, and pick 6, when you can find the 4th or 5th tote or fixed odds favourite, in the last leg, can actually be the most favoured horse in that leg.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Mates with: Jesse Alford. Mitchell Kerr. Cam Jones.

Fun facts.

True, & the saying Birds of a Feather Flock together. A mate was telling me thats what a Fed coppa mate of his used to say. Id be very mindful of this if I was Fitzgerald. As if I was on the RIU I would prob potentially flag him now just simply due to that. Then once I was content unflag. 

But also too have to remember not automatically guilty by association. 

9 minutes ago, Double R said:

Great work Karrots in your research with your fixed odds betting. My observations have alerted me to the other methods used that are not so transparent, and it doesn't become evident until the will pays are displayed with trebles, quaddies, and pick 6, when you can find the 4th or 5th tote or fixed odds favourite, in the last leg, can actually be the most favoured horse in that leg.

Thanks for that DR. Never heard of that but sounds interesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

DR is onto it. Many ways to pull off a heist.

These blokes that are getting busted in their early 20's Im guessing or mid 20's not enough life experience to know - when the heat is on, lay low. (Of course shouldn't be doing anything dodgy in 1st instance). 

Emily Blunt Oh Snap GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

These blokes that are getting busted in their early 20's Im guessing or mid 20's not enough life experience to know

This group seem to be too eager to be the kingpins or whatever you want to call it. Don't seem to want to put in the hard yards to be successful, just want the instant fame and glory and social media status that comes with being a 'winner'

Their actions are so detrimental to the game the sheer perception of their involvement is enough.

Why, after the Alford and Kerr episodes, they did not have this explained to them by the powers that be is disappointing or does no one guide them at all?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

This group seem to be too eager to be the kingpins or whatever you want to call it. Don't seem to want to put in the hard yards to be successful, just want the instant fame and glory and social media status that comes with being a 'winner'

Their actions are so detrimental to the game the sheer perception of their involvement is enough.

Why, after the Alford and Kerr episodes, they did not have this explained to them by the powers that be is disappointing or does no one guide them at all?

If it was it was obviously in thru 1 ear & out the other.

Also awaiting the result of that South Island official that was betting on a meeting Cup Week or doing something shouldn't not long ago. 

Financial gain is another reason for cause.

On another note - wonder if there was an investigation into the death of Mexicana?

• Like 1