The Race Place

Krug-Just Remember Me-Stylish Memphis and a feasty Ballarat Cup

Lightning Blue

Kiwi lad Jack Trainor gets the drive on all 3 NZ star horses at Menangle.  He had a great season last year and now gets all the visitors to drive as a reward.

Probably all start even money , Krug  and Just Remember Me for Cran Dalgety, and Stylish Memphis for Wayne Higgs.

At Ballarat,  the $110k Cup sees the 2 current very BEST Australian horses Lochinvar Art and Expensive Ego going head to head . Quinella time ??? 

trying to hold off the kiwi owned and/or bred 'Spirit of St Louis' and 'Triple Eight' and the current Auckland Cup title holder 'Amazing Dream' (now American owned)

It's like an Interdominion  !! can't wait!  the fav's drew 1 and 2 so Amazing Dream will be BIG odds. nice. Here's the field .......... 

1 13811 SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS NZ  Belinda McCarthy   Jack Callaghan (C)   NR120  FR1 $5.50
2 111s2 LOCHINVAR ART  David Moran   David Moran   NR120  FR2 $1.90
3 74324 MAX DELIGHT  David Aiken   Chris Alford   NR120  FR3 $12.00
4 95828 MACH DA VINCI NZ  Peter Hanson   Josh Dickie   NR120  FR4 $101.00
5 1s684 DEMON DELIGHT  Emma Stewart   Jodi Quinlan   NR98  FR5 $51.00
6 72117 SUPREME DOMINATOR NZ  Joe Pace   James Herbertson (C)   NR105  FR6 $51.00
7 42302 TRIPLE EIGHT NZ  Jess Tubbs   Greg Sugars   NR120  FR7 $12.00
 ------------------------------ Second Row ------------------------------ 
8 14657 TORRID SAINT  Julie Douglas   Glenn Douglas   NR118  SR1 $51.00
9 11112 EXPENSIVE EGO  Belinda McCarthy   Luke McCarthy   NR120  SR2 $3.50
10 34135 TANGO TARA NZ  Andy Gath   Kate Gath   NR114  SR3 $34.00
11 21332 AMAZING DREAM NZ  Nathan Purdon   Anthony Butt   NR120  SR4 $14.00
12 85204 OUR UNCLE SAM  Chris Frisby   Anthony Frisby   NR119  SR5 $51.00
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Go Spirit

Drawn the Gun 'Pole' draw Karrots. You'll be all over this one !! The Sweet Lou horse ran Lochinvar Art down easily on his return from injury recently.

A year ago 'Lochie' won this race very easily , but just the 2 starts since with many months off. so fitness edge is with Spirit as well.

Also 'Lochie' will possibly lead after drawing 2? , so look at the Sweet trip , Spirit will get in the run ? then a Sweet Victory at the Post then?? It's on the cards.

• Like 1

Not the biggest prize up for grabs for Expat Kiwis this weekend.

That honour belongs to $300,000 Fremantle Cup raced Friday Night at Gloucester Park.

A couple of Ex Kiwi Pacers who began their careers on The Mainland fought out the finish,with only a nose separating the Team Bond pair MINSTREL and PATRONUS STAR.

MINSTREL was bred by recently retired driver David Butt & Catherine Butt via their Birchbrook Breeding Banner,along with Jackie Butt & Mrs P M Calder.

After winning on debut at Addington,driven by Cam Jones (recently making headlines for wrong reason)left NZ for Perth as winner of 4 from 10.

The Butt's,& R D Butt have retained an Ownership Interest,a wise move,as Stake Earnings now approach $500,000.

PATRONUS STAR had 7 NZ starts for Rangiora Horseman Gavin Smith,winning at Washdyke & Waterlea.

Began West Australian Career winning first 7 Races,and has now banked $390,000.🤑🤑🤑

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Go Spirit.

Well the Sweet Lou friend of yours 'MIGHTEE LOOEE 'has taken the first race in 1.52 (his 2nd Aus win now) 

20 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Probably all start even money , Krug 

KRUG easily Wins !!! sits parked out and cruises in , and runs 1.49.9 in the second race tonight !!   Whata horse he is ..........

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Stylish Memphis for Wayne Higgs

And STYLISH MEMPHIS completes the Early Quaddie at Menangle !!  

23 minutes ago, Josias said:

And to make it an early treble for Expat Kiwis.

$141 for the 4 kiwi horses. Numbers 3-9-8-9 . could of got that with $1.

New Zealand harness racing at it's very best lol.  

Wayne Higgs still shows as the kiwi owner of the great mare formally with Mark Jones. Has Now won over $1/2 mill.  Jack Trainor sends her home in 1.50.7 ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Make that a quaddie for Expat Kiwis.Jack Trainor followed  the blueprint he adopted when driving Krug to victory earlier.However,whilst Krug was dominant,STYLISH  MEMPHIS was fully extended before gaining superiority late.Kiwi Breeder/Owner Wayne Higgs sees his mare push upwards of $500k earnings.🤑

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No stopping The Kiwis at Menangle tonight.A double for Trainer Cran Dalgety,and Driving Treble for Jack Trainor,after JUST REMEMBER ME  triumphs in Group 2 action.After using plenty of petrol on mission to find midrace lead,she was a 'sitting duck' to being gobbled up by Local Star Madrid.However the 'Adore Me' blood shone through,and she got some Aussie Black Type at first time of asking.🤑

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Josias said:

Make that a quaddie for Expat Kiwis.

Double Hat -trick !! you beauty .

Took the Dalgety horse JUST REMEMBER ME into the fast class at Albion Park Brisbane 'LL COOL J ' (Mrs Herlihys old horse from Auckland ) he has 11 wins from 21 here now and picks me up a easy hundred with a $20 double with 'Just Remember Me' . send more horses over Please lol.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Double Hat -trick !! you beauty .

Took the Dalgety horse JUST REMEMBER ME into the fast class at Albion Park Brisbane 'LL COOL J ' (Mrs Herlihys old horse from Auckland ) he has 11 wins from 21 here now and picks me up a easy hundred with a $20 double with 'Just Remember Me' . send more horses over Please lol.....

LL COOL J was holding at the finish,but threatening challenges were being made on both  inner and outer.Were you totally COOL watching at the '100!😜

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Josias said:

LL COOL J was holding at the finish,but threatening challenges were being made on both  inner and outer.Were you totally COOL watching at the '100!😜

Yeah , he had them all flat as piss from the quarter and had beaten that 2nd horse of Dixon's last week as well. Not a bead of sweat lost 😆😅.

Did however drop $20 on 'Maori Law' just then in the Ballarat Group 2 trot though.  He got run down into 2nd place unfortunately, the bugger 😂

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Drawn the Gun 'Pole' draw Karrots. You'll be all over this one !! The Sweet Lou horse ran Lochinvar Art down easily on his return from injury recently.

A year ago 'Lochie' won this race very easily , but just the 2 starts since with many months off. so fitness edge is with Spirit as well.

Also 'Lochie' will possibly lead after drawing 2? , so look at the Sweet trip , Spirit will get in the run ? then a Sweet Victory at the Post then?? It's on the cards.

Finally he got up! Spirit takes the G1 needed for Lou. Flip took a while. So thats Sweet On Me & Spirit of St Lou from his 1st crop now 5yo to both take G1 from both sex male/female. That driver on Spirit is pretty good. Got off the rail. Otherwise would of been stuck 4-5 back. Good race to watch with lots of moves. Too good Spirit over da top hehe. 

And Mighty Looee over da top too. 

Excellent stuff Kiwis, as you & Josias gave the running commentary, would of been exciting to watch, with them ALL coming in. Krug parked & TOO tough. He is my pick for Mikes comp in THE RACE. Yippee like it 😄

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Finally he got up! Spirit takes the G1 needed for Lou. Flip took a while. So thats Sweet On Me & Spirit of St Lou from his 1st crop now 5yo to both take G1 from both sex male/female. That driver on Spirit is pretty good. Got off the rail. Otherwise would of been stuck 4-5 back. Good race to watch with lots of moves. Too good Spirit over da top hehe. 

And Mighty Looee over da top too. 

Excellent stuff Kiwis, as you & Josias gave the running commentary, would of been exciting to watch, with them ALL coming in. Krug parked & TOO tough. He is my pick for Mikes comp in THE RACE. Yippee like it 😄

Not forgetting Be My Rose as well.