The Race Place

Alex.Park

brown fox

Heading up there Thursday night for the first time in 30years after practically living there through the 80's.We are sponsoring Race 7[Rex Hamley Memorial)

Raced horses with Rex in a number of horses(Fredrick/United Blue Chip/Laali/Uncle Les and others less not spoken of.)I will be interested to see all the changes

Any tips welcome👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brown fox said:

Heading up there Thursday night for the first time in 30years after practically living there through the 80's.We are sponsoring Race 7[Rex Hamley Memorial)

Raced horses with Rex in a number of horses(Fredrick/United Blue Chip/Laali/Uncle Les and others less not spoken of.)I will be interested to see all the changes

Any tips welcome👍

My tip is to leave yourself plenty of time to get there. Traffic is usually horrendous.

• Like 1

Hi Brown Fox

Just put feelers out to a couple of NZ Harness folk re whats latest updates. (And just did a few checks myself to verify).

Not much really.  But something along the lines of need to start being careful & wary, if poss careful re animal welfare. So main-stream news don’t jump on this if this continues.

Something like in recent times a few horses have died &/or been injured (sad face) while racing in past 2 ish months.  Sounds like its just unlucky & sorry for connections & all happening unfortunately at similar time.  Which compounds it.

Dance Time

Cya do it a Telfer runner

Rubble an Arna Donnelly runner on its 1st start.

Ariella - South Island horse, choked down or something & ran into the fence or bush or something & fell.

Think another 1 but cant recall name.

Re tips Iv been given Alex Fri.

Red Questro 1st start maiden. Showed promise as an early 2yo. Ran a learner workout mile or 1700m in 1.50 & something & change as a young gun 2yo. But must of got injured. Now back as a 4yo & won a trial in race winning time. Only thing to beware of is its 1st time Alex Park way ... & its obviously freshup as its its 1st start. Main danger Perfect Bet.

Have fun & will post again early next week. Hopefully with some Harness news.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 6:34 PM, karrotsishere said:

Re tips Iv been given Alex Fri.

Behind the ball here. Its on tonight! Not Fri. Since when did that happen? Red Questro is paying good win & place money. Here's a question to ponder.

Q) Will D Butcher (Perfect Bet) hand-up lead to Red Questro ... ? Or will he park him ... ? Will they kamikazi drive against each other both drivers confident they are on the winner? Which if so would then potentially set it up for a swooper. Or will he make Red Questro work just a little bit to get lead, in a hope to nab him in home straight up the passing lane.

**Listened to a couple short radio interviews 1 with A Harrison, she said Perfect Bet should win a race pretty soon. 

** Other interview listened to - Mr McKinnon about Race Trot Show. He said on 1st day technical issues were not at their end. Connection dropped out to TAB. So they had to pirate My Sky therefore picture was blurry. 

How does one watch Trot Show online apart having to sign into Facebook? He said it was on You Tube but cant find anything ?

Edited by karrotsishere

5 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Behind the ball here. Its on tonight! Not Fri. Since when did that happen? Red Questro is paying good win & place money. Here's a question to ponder.

Q) Will D Butcher (Perfect Bet) hand-up lead to Red Questro ... ? Or will he park him ... ? Will they kamikazi drive against each other both drivers confident they are on the winner? Which if so would then potentially set it up for a swooper. Or will he make Red Questro work just a little bit to get lead, in a hope to nab him in home straight up the passing lane.

**Listened to a couple short radio interviews 1 with A Harrison, she said Perfect Bet should win a race pretty soon. 

** Other interview listened to - Mr McKinnon about Race Trot Show. He said on 1st day technical issues were not at their end. Connection dropped out to TAB. So they had to pirate My Sky therefore picture was blurry. 

How does one watch Trot Show online apart having to sign into Facebook? He said it was on You Tube but cant find anything ?

Had every chance & great drive by Dylan. Lead then trailed Perfect Bet. Didnt deliever at all! Perfect Bet the winner, after breezing then going to lead. Sorry about that tip that didnt deliver! Boo. What a let down!

On another note recall posting about 4 ish months ago about Alex Park winning a case against a property developer. They won something like 70 ish million. But looking at this list of owed creditors doesnt look likely to get much. Get in line/que ...

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/service/services/documents/C680D80B0E67BC8B9A9D1CC762F8F8F7

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/service/services/documents/4F4194106F6C00824D3DB229B6D74DA8

Edited by karrotsishere

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Iv come into receipt of an email, which was written approx a month ago by a ex President of Auckland Trotting Club. The email was sent addressed to Heads of racing & racing minister & requests a Comissioner be put in to replace current board of directors, it gives reasons as to why its 4 pages & indepth & an interesting read. I wonder if there has been little response or action to it. As it was written a month ago.

When I hear anything further can advise on here what I can, if people are interested. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 2

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/atc-confident-of-rezoning-as-members-vote-to-sell-pukekohe-training-centre-for-100-million/

Rumour true re banks were coming for them as per article. Says they voted for same board directors same status quo. Interesting majority of members must want more of the same! I dont understand that. But there you go. 

Can only wish them well. Sincerely hope it all works out. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1