The Race Place

Thor movie.

ngakonui grass

13 hours ago, far too much said:

any good films on at the flicks at the moment karrots?

Dunno may go see Elvis. Lightning mentioned he was going to see. Saw trailer & an article about it. Might be interesting.

Re Thor thought R Crowe & C Bale acting performances were really good.

R Crowe was very funny. Hard case. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Dunno may go see Elvis. Lightning mentioned he was going to see.

Excellent film !! Go see !! but just like harness racing, I'm very partial to Music Movies like Rocketman on Elton, and Bohemian Rhapsody on Freddie with Queen. as grew up with their music. Mumma Mia on Abba movie ? mmm ....well maybe not as much , as they made it more of a 'chick flick' lol...... and wasn't about the 4 x Abba members anyway.

Edited by Lightning Blue
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Re Thor thought R Crowe & C Bale acting performances were really good.

R Crowe was very funny. Hard case. 

See Stuff has literally just pumped out an article about R Crowe performance & character. It was a crack up. I had to do another take, when he said to Thor "you wont be invited back for the orgie" lol. Then he repeated himself. So yes he did say that. Which was a bit out there & not expected as I had mentioned it comes across more as a kid movie IMO.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/300634625/we-need-to-talk-about-russell-crowes-accent-in-thor-and-everything-else

5 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

I'm very partial to Music Movies like Rocketman on Elton, and Bohemian Rhapsody on Freddie with Queen. as grew up with their music. Mumma Mia on Abba movie ? mmm ....well maybe not as much , as they made it more of a 'chick flick' lol...... and wasn't about the 4 x Abba members anyway.

Yeah, saw Rocketman & Bohemian Rhapsody. Bohemian Rhapsody very good. Recommeded it to a few people. Mumma Mia didnt see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

See Stuff has literally just pumped out an article about R Crowe performance & character.

Love Rusty . He does sooooo many good roles and just makes the part his. here's 5 Top notch ones...............

In my TOP 10 movies of all time are 2 Crowe great films,  Gladiator and LA Confidential (as am also a Guy Pearce fan) .. The movie "3.10 to YUMA" is near best western too.

If you never saw "Romper Stomper" back in the day , it just blows your mind it's so life-like for it's era. 11/10 for Russell in that one.

An excellent Thriller Movie of Rusty's (Liam Neeson and Elizabeth Banks co-star and are excellent)  I gave the movie a rating 9/10 is called "THE NEXT THREE DAYS" .. not many know it , but it's an unheard of thriller gem.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 8:44 AM, karrotsishere said:

Dunno may go see Elvis. Lightning mentioned he was going to see.

Excellent movie Elvis. Didnt know anything about him or his story other than he was super famous singer.

What a good dude!

How ridculous Lightening they were re Wiggle.

Loved how he gave them the middle finger. And still hung & sung with the African Americans.