The Race Place

Addington.

Globederby19

Three I like tonite.

R2  Swell Time. Open field and has changed trainers ,so looking for improvement. 16FF & 22 tote

R8   Franco Hoffman.  Wont die wondering from a decent draw at last. 14 FF & 10 tote

R10  Petrify. Really like the Pet Rocks and this one looks a chance  in a fairly weak field. 31 FF  &14 tote

• Like 1

I too like 3 Globe,

R6 6 Kahress .................. Been racing really well and generally flawless @ 3.2

R9 15 Lauries Legacy ......... Bit of a spoon , but has  more ability than most ,at the price worth a try ! @ 16

R10 12 Obsession ............ Really liked the way he fought last time @ 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craigos1 said:

I too like 3 Globe,

R6 6 Kahress .................. Been racing really well and generally flawless @ 3.2

R9 15 Lauries Legacy ......... Bit of a spoon , but has  more ability than most ,at the price worth a try ! @ 16

R10 12 Obsession ............ Really liked the way he fought last time @ 4

Taken a quinny with yrs and mine in Race 10. Who knows.

Sad to see Stonewall lose another horse last nite. Thats 2 now in approx 3 months. Very unlucky & a loss for connections.

Looks like could be genetic. Recall reading an article about the brother. How upset trainers were at time as brother was a very good one & also passed suddenly.

Good to see T Williams didnt push, when it clear he wasnt running on or quite right.

Also a good thing in last race when that lead horse ran out that driver didnt force issue. Horses cant talk to say somethings wrong, their body language does the talking. 

These days animal welfare is more important than its has ever been.  

• Like 1

Oh my, within 24 hours here is another 2yo going down. In 2yo fillies final Meadowlands :classic_sad: Hard to see the warning sign with this wee girl. The Ucandoit Bluechip replay. 

https://harnesslink.com/usa/240000-njss-finals-held-at-big-m/

While driver Marcus Miller was able to walk away from the accident, the filly Fox Valley Adele had to be euthanized.

Edited by karrotsishere

I hate when any horse has to be euthanized regardless of country racing.

I didn't realise Stonewall was having such an awful run.

On a positive my former Economics Teacher @ Kings High , Alan Clark possibly drove his best race in along time with The Fiery Countess finishing 2nd thought it was gonna win!

Alan realised early at High School that I was a Racing nut , thanks to him , I got to drive round Forbury Park after school , generally on a horse , following Alan.

Alan embrassed the speed American culture of training ..................Sprint , jog sprint , jog etc.

Whilst I personally disagree with that particular training method he has had more winners than I've had as an owner Gallops or Harness.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, craigos1 said:

I hate when any horse has to be euthanized regardless of country racing.

I didn't realise Stonewall was having such an awful run.

On a positive my former Economics Teacher @ Kings High , Alan Clark possibly drove his best race in along time with The Fiery Countess finishing 2nd thought it was gonna win!

Alan realised early at High School that I was a Racing nut , thanks to him , I got to drive round Forbury Park after school , generally on a horse , following Alan.

Alan embrassed the speed American culture of training ..................Sprint , jog sprint , jog etc.

Whilst I personally disagree with that particular training method he has had more winners than I've had as an owner Gallops or Harness.

Neat story Craig, thx for sharing.

Yes was in Stripes report. Stonewalls 2yo collasped suddenly in stable area, passing on spot. Speaking of 2yos recall a 2yo filly 2-3 weeks ago at Addington fell up the straight. But lucky survived. 

Back to good news they have answered the call. Well done. Excellent stuff. Much needed. A small raise is better than no raise.

In approving the funding budget, the Board has agreed that the base funding for all standard races between 1 September and 30 April be set at $10,000. While clubs have the right to allocate this money accordingly across the season, perhaps some races at $9,000, others at $10,000 or $11,000, the Board has asked that a condition of the funding be that all MR races be set at a minimum of $10,000 for the period 1 September to 30 April. To support this increase in base funding, the Board has decided to utilise a portion of reserves that were built up due to underspending in previous periods