The Race Place

Colin DeFilippi Suspension

Happy Sunrise

I just laugh at the outcry over how he will miss his Cup Day drives. He was found guilty and received a punishment but all the supporters of him are crying foul and rallying around him, even saying to have a driver boycott on Cup Day. What a joke.

It is ridiculous to have different treatment for different drivers but fairness has got nothing to do with harness racing.  Where are all of these justice seekers when the RIB make alarmingly poor in race decisions over late scratchings, false starts (Sigrid, last week another example but no one cares) and the awful standing starts etc etc? These justice seekers are nowhere to be found because they couldn't care less as it doesn't affect them.

The RIB inconsistencies have been going on for years without anyone standing up in opposition. Those involved involved in the industry can't blame the RIB for this, blame yourselves for your laziness and acceptance of a poorly structured organisation and its rules.

Suck it up like the punters do each and every week and see you after your suspension Mr DeFlilipi.

Oh and maybe, Colin DeFilippi should be charged under harness racing's code of conduct for his comments about the RIB in the Lincoln Farms articles? 😂

Edited by Happy Sunrise

• Happy Sunrise changed the title to Colin DeFilippi Suspension

It's the inconsistencies of it all that I can't fathom. 

Matthew Williamson, with the exact same offence, on the same day, 2 races earlier, gets a holiday for his efforts with the whip, yet doesn't start his vacation until AFTER the Show Day races this Friday. 

The stipes seem to have it in for him and Sarah O'Reilly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

It's the inconsistencies of it all that I can't fathom. 

Matthew Williamson, with the exact same offence, on the same day, 2 races earlier, gets a holiday for his efforts with the whip, yet doesn't start his vacation until AFTER the Show Day races this Friday. 

The stipes seem to have it in for him and Sarah O'Reilly. 

From what I have heard Colin was too late in asking for a deferral ,where as Matty asked straight away.You only have so long to ask for a deferral of suspension .Saying that,there is scope in rules for extenuating circumstances,and I would have thought the recent death and funeral of his brother could have been suffice in this instance.But maybe Colin didnt raise that.

I think the punishment was fair,maybe the implications werent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

How do they have it in for her? 

Her suspension was fair enough, but it's the little things, she seems to get questioned a helluva lot, over very minor things, compared to a lot of the other drivers that do not get questioned, for the same thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

And here is another example of how weak the system is. This is from yesterday at Timaru, on the 19th!

Can drive on a big night on the 25th and comes back just in time for the very big day on the 4th of December. They even allow him to drive at Geraldine on the Saturday so he only misses a non descript Sunday meeting at Addington and Akaroa. 

J Dunn (EXCUSE MY FRENCH)
[Rule 869(3)(b)] - Careless driving, shifting ground when insufficiently clear first bend (2 days).
Suspended from 27/11/2022 until 03/12/2022 inclusive.