The Race Place

Corrections Dept recruiting advert

ngakonui grass

My mate who has finally got out after 17 yrs said the adds were a laughing stock within the system. It cost 8 million for the adds. He said who the hell turns up at a party or bbq wearing your corrections uniform, then gets asked "what do you do". Making a difference, piss off.

They are in crisis mode full stop. As my mate also said ,it takes a couple of years in the system to get used to the processes and the inmates will smell fresh meat and ruin a lot of those new recruits ambitions and confidence. Revolving door, screen based training, coupled with 12 hr shifts adds up to a complete disaster looming. Keep watch people ,it will get ugly.

• Like 1

Visited Waikeria Village many times over the years as our rugby club used their gym on a regular basis.Always finished off with a visit to the Waikeria Club which was great.

Most of the staff lived in the village and were incentivised to  by the cheap rent and the knowledge that you could save for your own house while paying little rent.

Good old days well and truly over now.

• Like 1

As an update after spending the day at a car meet with my mate (ex corrections) . Apparently they had 48 new recruits into the system and after 2 weeks only 12 were left. A lot of the senior staff have left, so those new recruits are being shown the ropes by nearly new recruits. Because of the lack of staff the prisoners only have 1 hour of free time per day. ( Rimutaka). I could go on but will leave you with this. A certain person in a position of authority at Rimutaka has the attitude of "well if you don't like it f ---off". Really helping the process that is. As I said a disaster waiting to happen. 

• Like 1