The Race Place

Another tragic death

vanturk

9 hours ago, Jasonmc said:

Just reading that now Bryce 😢. He was ticking along nicely such a talent.

But on a personal side not going home to his family is devastating 

Devastating  for his family,   all the horse fraternity  over in oz and here 

Heartwarming to see that a Go Fund Me Page in Aussie,within 17 hours,has seen 1300 donors give A$374,000 for his wife & young family so far!

This is surely testament to the high esteem Dean Holland was held.

Edited by Josias
  • Like 5

It's the very worst part of horse racing, these tragic circumstances. Words can't convey just how sad such events can be. 

Thoughts and condolences to the family and friends left behind. My heart goes out to his wee kids too. 

The give-a-little page is such a good gesture, and will no doubt offer some needed support to the family going forward. 

As sad as what the racing game can be at times, it can also demonstrate just how strong the racing community can be during tough times.

And credit to Racing Victoria too, for accommodating some flexibility in dates of race meetings and venues. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rusty said:

It's the very worst part of horse racing, these tragic circumstances. Words can't convey just how sad such events can be. 

Thoughts and condolences to the family and friends left behind. My heart goes out to his wee kids too. 

The give-a-little page is such a good gesture, and will no doubt offer some needed support to the family going forward. 

As sad as what the racing game can be at times, it can also demonstrate just how strong the racing community can be during tough times.

And credit to Racing Victoria too, for accommodating some flexibility in dates of race meetings and venues. 

It really is tragic, and words are insufficient to express the sadness at this time.

Edited by Double R
Incorrect information by me, has been deleted.

9 minutes ago, Double R said:

our TAB have him listed for four rides at Warrnambool on Tuesday. I shake my head in disbelief!!!

I just had to double check that for myself (as I was going to make a phone call to the TAB), but I think you may possibly have mistaken one Dean for the other Dean.