The Race Place

British Horse Racing TV coverage

pete

We got to our accommodation in Durness earlier than expected today and I was pleasantly surprised to find Haydock Park being broadcast on ITV.

Backed a couple of winners but the main point of this post is the superiority of the product and presentation compared to Trackside. It was really entertaining and even my racing agnostic wife was interested.

Staying at Smoo Cave Hotel tonight. This is the view from our window. Apparently nothing between here and the Arctic Circle.20230806_141837.thumb.jpg.c0256be2202a17995f07e87d56b7d841.jpg

• Like 3

The TV coverage maybe superior especially if the maze of dividends don't cover the horses however the information presented to the punter is a disgrace. For example when it comes to first starters all the public gets is how good the trainer stats are and perhaps a look at the breeding and oh yes they love to tell you if cheek pieces have been added. Yet it surprizes me that often the bookies get it right so they must have a network of sources. Its probably the same everywhere.. racing needs a major shake up with regard entertainment and information.