The Race Place

TAB site

Howard Atkinson

I find it interesting today that in Punters Lounge on the NZ TAB site there are tipsters giving tips for South Island Trots, and Thoroughbred meetings at Randwick, The Valley and Doomben in Australia.

As for thoroughbred race meetings at Taupo in the North Island and Kurow in the South Island  - - - a big, fat zilch !
Doesn't NZ Thoroughbred Racing matter to the NZ TAB ?
Not a good look.

Not sure why that happens.  Note they also had nothing for Pukekohe on Boxing Day, but have tips at the bottom of each race.

Today 

Taupo - Richard Edmunds, Raceform Tips, Racing Inc, George Simon and Brendan Popplewell

Kurow - Matt Markham, David Mccarthy, Craig rail and Aiden Rodley

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Not sure why that happens.  Note they also had nothing for Pukekohe on Boxing Day, but have tips at the bottom of each race.

Today 

Taupo - Richard Edmunds, Raceform Tips, Racing Inc, George Simon and Brendan Popplewell

Kurow - Matt Markham, David Mccarthy, Craig rail and Aiden Rodley

Thanks, Hesi.
Do the tips at the bottom of each race give a breakdown similar to this in Punters Lounge as to why the main tip is arrived at ?

Race 1  
1 Parkour  

Parkour caught the eye flashing home for second when on debut at Ballarat. The Godolphin-owned colt settled towards the back before recording the quickest final 600m, 400m and 200m splits of the day as he stormed home. That was over 1000m so the rise to 1200m with increased fitness second-up suits. Jamie Kah was aboard that day and has made the trip north to ride him.  
Selections: 1-3-4-7  

BET NOW

Because that is what I am interested in, and that is what is provided for South Island Trots and Australian racing.
If that is not what is provided for NZ Thoroughbred Racing on the same NZ TAB site, then that is poor in my opinion.

Just now, Turny said:

Howard go to the Aussie websites, they are always there and tip well, mainly based on the speed maps  

Absolutely, Tom. I agree.
My point though, playing devil's advocate if that is the right term, is why can't the NZ TAB site do something simple, well ? Like ... and I know this is a radical thought ... help promote NZ thoroughbred racing.

Howard just remember the Aussie sites are purely on speed maps and track conditions, draw, jockey or class of race largely ignored.

They do stress and emphasise horses that are having their 3rd and 4th runs in their current campaign, they are the ones I grab and often get false returns 

The Sydney tipsters scream favourites but Vic tipsters more open

• Thanks 1

Just now, Howard Atkinson said:

Absolutely, Tom. I agree.
My point though, playing devil's advocate if that is the right term, is why can't the NZ TAB site do something simple, well ? Like ... and I know this is a radical thought ... help promote NZ thoroughbred racing.

It will come Howard but likely some time away yet, sadly they are losing punters and the current owners are onto it so changes will happen

as an aside the brief commentary they give under each horse are just laughable and best not read, some are ludicrous

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howard Atkinson said:

Thanks, Hesi.
Do the tips at the bottom of each race give a breakdown similar to this in Punters Lounge as to why the main tip is arrived at ?

Race 1  
1 Parkour  

Parkour caught the eye flashing home for second when on debut at Ballarat. The Godolphin-owned colt settled towards the back before recording the quickest final 600m, 400m and 200m splits of the day as he stormed home. That was over 1000m so the rise to 1200m with increased fitness second-up suits. Jamie Kah was aboard that day and has made the trip north to ride him.  
Selections: 1-3-4-7  

BET NOW

Because that is what I am interested in, and that is what is provided for South Island Trots and Australian racing.
If that is not what is provided for NZ Thoroughbred Racing on the same NZ TAB site, then that is poor in my opinion.

No

• Like 1