The Race Place

Weigh In Jan 29 2024

Hesi

Paul Wilcox at 51.00 with a round up of the track issues and what is happening, Strathayr due to visit.  I still don't understand 'surface tension', apparently related to watering mowing and timing, of which had the regime been different then it would not have happened

• Thanks 1

Well at least he fronted up and basically said they didn't prepare the track correctly. Full marks for that.

I think we just have to accept that it happened and move on. Obviously if it happens again there would be serious ramifications. Hopefully lessons will be learnt.

And if old Dougy on the moan site is to be believed, the Feb 17 meeting is going to be moved, so I guess there is more to the problems with the track than Wilcox is letting on.

I don't get the surface tension thing, I think they just used the track too soon, and the showers exposed that

2 minutes ago, Hesi said:

And if old Dougy on the moan site is to be believed, the Feb 17 meeting is going to be moved, so I guess there is more to the problems with the track than Wilcox is letting on.

I don't get the surface tension thing, I think they just used the track too soon, and the showers exposed that

Was just about to post that. How good Dougie's info is is anyone's guess.

Could be a good move to let it have some more time to be ready for the Derby.

Edited by pete