Jump to content
The Race Place

take note, RITA


Maximus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Announcing the Spring Carnival prizemoney being maintained, VRC boss says, among other things:

"Despite the improved wagering outcomes, we will still be calling on the Industry Sustainability Fund to underwrite the return of prizemoney to pre-COVID levels.

"There are 110,000 people employed or participating in Victorian racing, many of them in regional communities.

"Whilst the pandemic is not over and its impact will continue to be felt for some time, we recognise that prizemoney is the lifeblood of our industry and it is fundamental to ongoing investment and jobs in Victorian racing that we maximise it in a responsible manner.

Take note, RITA:

  • they actually have a Sustainability Fund
  • they look after the people at the coalface
  • they successfully got Govt to view them as an essential industry, so they kept trading during lockdown - benefiting from the extra wagering turnover...while NZ lost 3 months business and sent the TAB to insolvency. 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would never happen, because egos are too big, but as I've said before, they would have been better off to approach Aus, about some sort of joint venture to run racing here.

The tail wags the dog here, and the tail just grew and grew to be so big, that after a while, it became all about the tail, not the dog, and as the tail got bigger, everytime it wagged, it wore out the dog, who eventually got so exhausted, it became impossible for the dog to ever get back to a productive life.

And I note, the tail developed all sorts of means of controlling the dog.  Even now, RITA has cut so many frontline jobs that were vital to industry growth, yet chose to have a review of executive level costs, that we are still waiting on the results of.  That in itself characterises the refusal of the tail to recognise that it is the problem, and unless it stops wagging the dog into submission, it will kill the dog

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Hesi said:

It would never happen, because egos are too big, but as I've said before, they would have been better off to approach Aus, about some sort of joint venture to run racing here.

The tail wags the dog here, and the tail just grew and grew to be so big, that after a while, it became all about the tail, not the dog, and as the tail got bigger, everytime it wagged, it wore out the dog, who eventually got so exhausted, it became impossible for the dog to ever get back to a productive life.

And I note, the tail developed all sorts of means of controlling the dog.  Even now, RITA has cut so many frontline jobs that were vital to industry growth, yet chose to have a review of executive level costs, that we are still waiting on the results of.  That in itself characterises the refusal of the tail to recognise that it is the problem, and unless it stops wagging the dog into submission, it will kill the dog

chose to have a review of executive level costs

in other words, spending more money on consultants at $200hr or woteva to make a decision about how to spend less money. I predict the 'review' produces a modest number of casualties at the upper and and the suits will say "we have to accept the review's recommendations/decisions" and carry on siphoning $$ for as long as they can get away with it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maximus said:

Announcing the Spring Carnival prizemoney being maintained, VRC boss says, among other things:

"Despite the improved wagering outcomes, we will still be calling on the Industry Sustainability Fund to underwrite the return of prizemoney to pre-COVID levels.

"There are 110,000 people employed or participating in Victorian racing, many of them in regional communities.

"Whilst the pandemic is not over and its impact will continue to be felt for some time, we recognise that prizemoney is the lifeblood of our industry and it is fundamental to ongoing investment and jobs in Victorian racing that we maximise it in a responsible manner.

Take note, RITA:

  • they actually have a Sustainability Fund
  • they look after the people at the coalface
  • they successfully got Govt to view them as an essential industry, so they kept trading during lockdown - benefiting from the extra wagering turnover...while NZ lost 3 months business and sent the TAB to insolvency. 

I don't entirely agree with your last point, Maxi, my musical friend.

TAB was already insolvent, they just hadn't let all the bottom-feeders [ us ]  know.  Lockdown didn't hurt them at all.  IMO....it saved them from utter disaster and gave them an excuse book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Freda said:

I don't entirely agree with your last point, Maxi, my musical friend.

TAB was already insolvent, they just hadn't let all the bottom-feeders [ us ]  know.  Lockdown didn't hurt them at all.  IMO....it saved them from utter disaster and gave them an excuse book.

i agree TA was already in deep doo doo..my point is that if we had ee able to covice Govt that racing is essential (the way it is readily accepted at a political and goverannce level in Oz), our TA would have 'made hay' while all other sports were off the agenda, so more money for racing - as in Oz.

Re music videos...shall i post something from Celine Dion for you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

i agree TA was already in deep doo doo..my point is that if we had ee able to covice Govt that racing is essential (the way it is readily accepted at a political and goverannce level in Oz), our TA would have 'made hay' while all other sports were off the agenda, so more money for racing - as in Oz.

Re music videos...shall i post something from Celine Dion for you?

Please do !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...