The Race Place

TAB Fixed Odds Platform

Hesi

Firstly excuse my ignorance, but I presume the odds on each runner change automatically, depending on what is bet.

If that is the case, then how is it any different to the totalisator, other than, you can place a largish bet and not stuff the price, and you can look for value when markets are first released.

I notice as a generalisation, that the FO and tote prices end up quite similar

Yeah Hesi,
a bit of a lottery really, I think they pump up the tote price, to invite bets...tote prices drop (for whatever reason)
Take fixed or take your chances.

17 minutes ago, Porky said:

Yeah Hesi,
a bit of a lottery really, I think they pump up the tote price, to invite bets...tote prices drop (for whatever reason)
Take fixed or take your chances.

It's the sheeple effect.

Punters look at fixed odds and believe they reflect the chances of the runners. They look at the tote odds close to start time, and therefore the weight of money comes on those at tote odds higher than fixed odds relative to that differential, and they go away from those where the tote odds are lower than the fixed odds. Of course there are exceptions.

I doubt that there are any pumped up tote prices, they'll just be odd due to small pools imo.

• Like 1