The Race Place

A small concern

ngakonui grass

A horse i selected on Sat at NP,Ezdara,ran a super race as a maiden in the Oaks prelude at good odds.Imagine my surprise when i see it lining up again at Matamata today.

I  hope it runs well,obviously trying to qualify for Oaks ,however the Team behind this horse are setting themselves up if it fails for heaps of crticism imo.

Both fillies, all about black type

Their future is in breeding not on the track racing in NZ

Rodgy has a long history of doing this, very successfully and most of his horses these days are very well bred

If they fail up north, Pitty receives them and Southern black type got, again very successfully

The formula has worked well for some 10 years plus 

Edited by Turny

1 hour ago, Turny said:

Both fillies, all about black type

Their future is in breeding not on the track racing in NZ

Rodgy has a long history of doing this, very successfully and most of his horses these days are very well bred

If they fail up north, Pitty receives them and Southern black type got, again very successfully

The formula has worked well for some 10 years plus 

Not worried at all about maidens racing out of their class,was more concerned about Ezdara fronting up again after racing at New plymouth on Saturday

Agree a quick back up for the modern thin horse but shows how tough the game is now with minimal stakes

Unless you are in the top 5 per cent it is breeding barn or on sell, but the on sell market very thin today

What was a gettable 600k for an on sell with 3 wins on the trot say 6 years ago, would be lucky to crank 200k today. Probably 150 would be tops. 

The game us bloody tough today, just a stakes issue 

I have a good mate in a 6 people syndicate where they have won 127k in stakes and with a purchase price of 45k and 2 years training are still 25k from breaking even, that's how tough it is, real tough 

Edited by Turny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1