The Race Place

Ashburton May 1

Happy Sunrise

I like 3 today.

Big Mama Morris in Race 2 at 6ff, poor draw but looks like it can do more than most in this field. Brave 2nd to Haiti Franco but more significantly beat Ascento, The Morning Star and Nikki Noto which franks the form very well. The Moring Star won at Addington yesterday but Big Mama Morris out did it on merit at Rangiora and a trial previously. I think it is a good each way whack.

Angel of Montana in Race 6 at 5ff, another poor draw but dropping back from some tough races but is still running on. If it drops back at the start it can come over the top of them at the end. A better bet than Endless Dreams at 5.50ff who has been less impressive in comparison to Angel head to head.  Another each way go.

At slightly longer odds in Race 3 is Rogie Falls at 11ff. I have never really been a fan but it is in the best form of its life and has a draw. The 3rd to Outamyway was good at Addington, the win at Forbury was strong and previously had been running on in its races. Drawn to get a trip with a few head cases drawn the front line and an average second line. I will take a trotter in form over this opposition any day. 

Have to agree with Big Mama Morris,  Happy. More up than a lot in there.

Race 5. Very wide but has impressed me so far in limited starts and from a strong barn. Ellaria Sand. FF21 and way over for me, will get some of mine.

Race 6 Quinella with Angel of Montana. Bettor Than Hope, FF7 and made it look easy at its last start so rise in class may not worry it from a handy draw.

Race7  Followed it from its impressive trial form and unlucky not to have won more than one race. Judgement Bay, little short at FF4.40 but handy draw says might go close.

3 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Have to agree with Big Mama Morris,  Happy. More up than a lot in there.

The break in the score up didn't, nor the going wide round first bend but did ok for 7th. Till later.

3 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Race 5. Very wide but has impressed me so far in limited starts and from a strong barn. Ellaria Sand. FF21 and way over for me, will get some of mine.

I didn't even consider betting into that race until I saw it's place price. 4.80ff, that was ridiculously good.