Jump to content
The Race Place

Weigh In New Season Sept 14


Recommended Posts

  • Hesi pinned this topic

Yes, but isn't that the inherent flaw in the whole system.  NZRB/TAB/RITA whatever, have accountability for generating the money.  NZTR just sit back and wait for whatever it might be each year.  They then put 90% of it into stakes and use the other 10% to run thoroughbred racing.

The only thing they can do, is to use the money better, but they are pretty limited

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are limited alright! But not in the way I think you mean. Completely hopeless would be a better description. I think Saundry's best hopes were another $8-9m by 2021? That's if the TAB performance doesn't deteriorate in the meantime which again the strategy seems to be to sit and hope for. This was repeated several times. So, maybe a 10% increase in stakes in the next couple of years and 2 or 3 mil for other expenses. Sounds promising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Hesi unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...