The Race Place

Bendigo trots Saturday night

Rusty

Some great races here, with the Victoria Cup (Amazing Dream v King Of Swing), The Bill Collins Sprint, the Oaks, The Vic Derby (American Dealer), The Popular Alm FFA, the list goes on.

Blue Chip Delight in race 2 however is one of my old favourites, and I was sad but not surprised, to see him be exported to Aussie. In great form for months now, you always know what you're going to get from this guy. Up against some good horses here, including kiwi Sugar Me, and 2 other more fancied, and better drawn runners, but I think BCD will hold his own, should get a good run through from the second line. Have a gold coin at the Final Field $8's but the $2 to run top 4 is almost money for jam. Not the no frills, Pam's or Countdown branded jam, but that good Anathoth Farm or Barker's branded jam. Enjoy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I like:

RS h5 Captain Rival at $3.50

R6 H2 American Dealer at $3.30 

R7 H10 Ladies In Red at $1.70

R8 H13 King Of Swing at $2.50

Multi at $49.08

Mike

A tip top selection of horses there Mike. I will take that multi , and also will raise you this one through the same races.

R3  Horse 10 He's Charlies Angel at $2.25

R6  Vic Derby H3  Act Now at $2.25

R7  Vic Oaks  H3 Beach Music at $2.60

R8 Vic Cup    H5 Amazing Dream at $3.50  

Multi at $46.06     so we have 8 great horses going for $2.00 tonight. May the best (and luckiest) horses and punters win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We can't both win Lightning, as we have different picks in all 4 of the races

I just thought that Ants on American Dealer might park Act Now, and in the NZ races where American Dealer led his record was amazing

I went for King Of Swing over the fantastic mare, just on one of his beaten runs 2 or 3 starts ago

Of course, before the races, do\n't forget the mighty Makos in The Ranfurly Shield

I note that all injured Makos players are back! Still missing our All Blacks (wouldn't David Havilli, Will Jordan and Finlay Christie make a difference) but looks a pretty good team

Mike

Edited by Mike
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

A tip top selection of horses there Mike. I will take that multi , and also will raise you this one through the same races.

R3  Horse 10 He's Charlies Angel at $2.25

R6  Vic Derby H3  Act Now at $2.25

R7  Vic Oaks  H3 Beach Music at $2.60

R8 Vic Cup    H5 Amazing Dream at $3.50  

Multi at $46.06     so we have 8 great horses going for $2.00 tonight. May the best (and luckiest) horses and punters win. 

Gamms is that you? 😃

Right peeps, if you are at home by choice or maybe at home not by choice lol, grab your beers, coke or cuppa tea, turn the telly on soon to TAB channel, flip your laptop open, its soon racing & posting time 😃 Races are starting a bit later tho in Aussie, due to daylight savings here.

Ok so for a bit of fun mainly going with Lous hehe. Starting at Menangle we have full brother and sister racing ex North Island pacers been going well. Not multi just take or lose each bet. 

Race 1 Shanlou win $3.80 Menangle

AND

Race 5 Viva Las Vegas $3.80 Place - Menangle

Then moving over to Bendigo will again stick with 2 Lous again

Race 2 Sugar Me Top 4 $1.80 (on that note, wouldn't be surprised to see him head off to USA after a Aussie campaign, could equally see him heading back to NZ). Think he maybe more a shorter distance race horse oppose the longer but hoping for connections he goes well, as they took him over. Stink he got another bad draw. Good luck Sugar.

AND

Race 3 He’s Charles Angel win $2.30 (For those that don’t know about He’s Charlies Angel, he is trained/owned/breed/driven by a hobbist. The horse is named after her father that sadly passed away. A poster on other channel pointed him out to me, due to his great 1st win, then looks like he ran 2nd, last start he won the heat to this. So be interested to see how he goes, bad draw & maybe a step up in class).

Then to the ex Kiwis so will stick with them to stick it to the Aussies hehe Go Go Go !!

Race 6 American Dealer win $3.30 

AND

Race 8 Amazing Dream win $3.20 

go go go GIF

Edited by karrotsishere

3 hours ago, Mike said:

We can't both win Lightning, as we have different picks in all 4 of the races

That is the idea , a head to head challenge.

We both can win with the Quinella anyway. I took 4 x $5.00 quinellas on our selections in those 4 races with some Probabeel Winnings. 

That way if you do 'Pip me at the post ' in those feature races tonight , I'm still a chance to get a collect on 2nd. 

Bring it home Amazing Dream girl . follow in the Probabeel footsteps for the day. Lightning strikes twice !!!

12 hours ago, Rusty said:

Blue Chip Delight in race 2 however is one of my old favourites,

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Race 1 Shanlou win $3.80 Menangle

Sugar Me is up next at Bendigo. Takes on Rustys tip of Blue Chip Delight.

Im not so confident on Sugar Me. Due to bad draw. But hoping he can get a better run than last time. So lets see …

Mistake Shanlou is Race 3, not Race 1 at Menangle.

30 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Sugar Me is up next at Bendigo. Takes on Rustys tip of Blue Chip Delight.

Im not so confident on Sugar Me. Due to bad draw. But hoping he can get a better run than last time. So lets see …

Whaahaa - Rusty on Blue Chip Delight kicks BUTT! Wow what a Great Win that was! 

Sugar Me another "also ran", starting to think he suits the shorter distances. 

• Like 2

Hes Charlies Angel is up next for Karrots & Lightening verse Mikes selection with Captain Rival. Both are 1st & 2nd favs.

BUT Captain Rival has the draw on He’s Charlies Angel.

Lets see who if any of these 2 takes the chocs.

Interested to see how He's Charlies Angel stacks up against these 2 y-os. Be nice if he could. Lou needs a nice type going around. Time is ticking for him to get one real good one going. 

20 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

A great tough win at good double figure odds. Great selection there Rusty . What a real tryer that horse is.

Always pleasing when one of the "punting portfolio" horses rolls home at good coin. 

Some horses go to a new level when hitting the Aussie tracks (no disrespect to the previous trainers of BCD, they did a good job), but that was a pretty impressive run tonight. Be interesting to see how far through the ranks BCD can climb. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Blue Chip Delight wins and pays $13.70 and $2.70. 

I said money for good quality jam. Time to restock tomorrow. 

20211009_204952.jpg

Never knew you were the tipping master there Rusty. Da tipping Man 👏

As for Karrots dragging the bucket. 

Got 3rd with He's Charlies Angel, not overly impressed tho. Thought had his chance to win, with a nice enough run thru, to sit 3 back in running line. While Mikes selection got 2nd. 

Hmm got 2 more Lous to go. Lets see how Shanlou goes up next Race 3 Menangle. Lucky its just on here for fun. Or might have to start sacking the Lous lol. 

Edited by karrotsishere

10 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Haha nope, far from it. 

Even a broken watch is correct twice a day. 

Haha

You know what Im starting to think that Poster M aka Mike has hit me with his tipping stick. The stopping a train one.

Shanlou just got stuck behind a horse that stopped. Blink really annoying for the horse.

Might have to log out for nite, might get better luck with the final selections.

33 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Hmm got 2 more Lous to go. Lets see how Shanlou goes up next Race 3 Menangle. Lucky its just on here for fun. Or might have to start sacking the Lous lol. 

A sweet Lou has won the 3rd in Brisbane for you Karrots. 'Double or Nothing' winning easily just now to get you a Lous Winner chicken Dinner.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Lightning blue broke my heart winning the interdom at Addington..an Aussie trifecta was a dagger to my heart. I still haven't recovered.

There's been No time to mend either for you Happy .. Since Lightning Blue took that Interdominion there have been 2 more Interdom's at Addington.

1995 Grand final win to Golden Reign (Chris Alford) from Victoria ,

and 2003 Grand Final Quinella to Aussie with Baltic Eagle (Prentice from WA) and Mont Denver Gold (Alford ) Vic 

Three in a row at Addington . last kiwi win in Chch was RONDEL and Wolfie more than 40 years ago in 1979. Hope the Dagger is not still around? 

• Haha 1

Final results time, winner Rusty!

Lightening verse Mike no multis came in.

Karrots only Viva Las Vegas come in grabbing a 2nd place in Group 3 Menangle Country Cup.

Now have to say this but golly. Know Butt is an amazing driver, but what the help on Amazing Dream. Get their tactic strategy was to run them, but a bit TOO muchie, muchie. Those poor little legs. Ended up running the legs off her. She would of slept well last nite!

What a size difference in them when King of Swing came up next to her. She looked rather small and like a mare in comparison. What a big strong horse he is and looks. Nice to see someone else tho take home the winners prize for a change in Max Delight taking the chocs. Congrats to connections.

The Dealers race, nice horse this Act Now the winner crossed them at start for fun. Again not sure why Butt decided to punch up at start to try & holdout the horse looking to go parked. Rather than just relaxing & taking cover. Weird. Anyway perhaps for him just an off nite, we ALL have them. Even us with our selections as above. 

Hopefully we have much better luck next weekend with our SELECTIONS GAME & a $100 up for grabs 😃

Edited by karrotsishere

20 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

There's been No time to mend either for you Happy .. Since Lightning Blue took that Interdominion there have been 2 more Interdom's at Addington.

1995 Grand final win to Golden Reign (Chris Alford) from Victoria ,

and 2003 Grand Final Quinella to Aussie with Baltic Eagle (Prentice from WA) and Mont Denver Gold (Alford ) Vic 

Three in a row at Addington . last kiwi win in Chch was RONDEL and Wolfie more than 40 years ago in 1979. Hope the Dagger is not still around? 

Welcome to the site 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Welcome to the site 🤣

Thank you Happy Sunrise ! A great time of year to enjoy the harness racing with the NZ Cup and FFA on soon. Lightning Blue is a NZ Cup winner too (same year as that Interdom win) and just missed in FFA , have a brilliant pic to show you of that later on. 

So should do well this year picking the next winner 2021 version, all going well . Neat you have started Cup thread already. Karrots will be impressed. 

Some great racing at Bendigo last night. The 2 greats of Amazing Dream and King of Swing driven aggressively and dipping out on this occasion. 3rd and 4th.

Triple Eight nearly doing the job for the kiwis but unlucky in the barrier draw as well . A very good 2nd in the big race the Vic Cup.

Emma Stewart proving to be a fantastic trainer taking both the Group 1 Derby and Oaks (trifecta in that one) and the trifecta in 100k 2 year old fillies feature too. 

narrow 2nd in the 2 year old boys only just stopped the 'Age-group' Clean sweep on the program. Supreme training performance.

• Like 1