The Race Place

NZ horses racing overseas - to keep eyes on

karrotsishere

* Sugar Me has been exported to USA to be with owner L Kerr, figured that would be the plan after Aussie trip.

* J Dickie takes a drive aboard Lifes a Beach, only drive of nite so hopefully for him he creates a good driving impression. 

* A horse I noticed in 1 of the 2 y-o boy semis Its a Sweet Life, remember this horse was sold on Gavel as a yearling maybe a year wish ago. Its Larry Lincolns brother.

* Another ex NZ horse I recall racing as a 2-yo in NZ Vincent Van Gone and Younggiftedandblack.

* Triple 8 & Tango Tara in highest rating race.

Sat Melton - Breeder Crown Semis

* HRNZ link to a write up - N Purdon has a nice hand in Amazing Dream, American Dealer, A Bettor You and Amore Vita in action.

Bettors Twist takes on Ladies in Red for the 1st time. This time she has a good draw. About time.

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news/bettor-twists-time/

On 11/7/2021 at 1:05 PM, Lightning Blue said:

MACH DA VINCI came from near last (not needing any torrential rain this time to win) the above race in 1.52. in a 'stunning' performance from that awkward barrier draw.

Checking results yet another win on the trot for this ex Kiwi (Mach Da Vinci). Beating Turn It Up. 

Edited by karrotsishere

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Checking results yet another win on the trot for this ex Kiwi (Mach Da Vinci). Beating Turn It Up. 

Jogged it in too, at just $1.30 win price. Everyone can see how good this horse is now. Hope MACH DA VINCI has a crack at Interdominion starting soon.

He is from down NSW Menangle wayas well,  so might 'go home', but like so many visitors to beautiful SouthEast QLD, just wants to stay on, as best place to live.

One kiwi bloke, some would know there in NZ, has stayed on. GRAEME HARRIS , a fine Cambridge horseman . His own horse GLENEAGLE WARRIOR, was run down late in the last race at Albion last night, for Vicki Rasmussen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interdom 1st round of heats draw is out. Here is a link to Menangle. NZ horses with NZ connections to keep eyes out for that I know of are Spirit of S Lou, Majestic Man, Robyns Playboy, Alta Orlando, Triple Eight (ex kiwi Mach Da Vinci - some on here are following him)

Majestic Man nice draw. Spirit nice draw. 

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fields/race-fields/?mc=PC271121

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 4:05 PM, karrotsishere said:

Cranbourne Sat

*Copy That, Amazing Dream both drawn the front in Cranbourne Cup

Just watched replays. Nice run & drive by Amazing Dream. 

Copy That, gee that drive was not that drivers best. Borderline Kamikaze driving. Should of just taken the nice easy 1-1 from the get-go & stayed there til 400 ish, nice easy run the entire way, & possibly won if not finished top 3. But faded to nearly last, if not last. 

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Just watched replays. Nice run & drive by Amazing Dream. 

Copy That, gee that drive was not that drivers best. Borderline Kamikaze driving. Should of just taken the nice easy 1-1 from the get-go & stayed there til 400 ish, nice easy run the entire way, & possibly won if not finished top 3. But faded to nearly last, if not last. 

Hahaha  Yes I noticed Ant's had No Respect at all for the NZ Cup winner COPY THAT and left him parked lol... . He Tried to lead all the way with Amazing Dream , but got run down late by the Number 1 drawn horse , that shows just how crucial Barrier draws are these days. The Bloke driving Copy That is a trainer/ driver of trotters mainly.

Anthony Butt driving the great Amazing Dream may have won the 'Cranbourne Cup' if he took a sit behind Copy That , but if drawn to lead,  you might as well lead ?.

Did you see the gorgeous Kate Gath not even worry about drawing wide in the 'Cranbourne Trotting Cup' , and with MAJESTIC MAN drawn the second line , she took full advantage and burned across to lead and WIN with ex-pat kiwi HAVEHORSEWILLTRAVEL.  She's a great 'pro-active' driver!!! . very impressive. She has had a lot of success with another old kiwi horse Tornado Valley recent years , including winning Great Southern Stars and Interdominion Trot final. 

Majestic Man, the $2 fav , was only finished a battling 4th in the end after a cozy trip. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Hahaha  Yes I noticed Ant's had No Respect at all for the NZ Cup winner COPY THAT and left him parked lol... .

An article on Lincoln Farms - Green states it was a hard watch & they doing bloods but he doesn't expect anything is wrong with the horse, just drive too hard on him, BUT in fairness to the driver, driving instructions were to 'drive aggressive' he also states. 

So perhaps unfortunately a miscommunication, perhaps NZ drive aggressive & Aus drive aggressive is slightly different. Driver tho just did what he was told - aggressive. Lesson learnt and turn the page. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:32 AM, karrotsishere said:

Borderline Kamikaze driving. 

On 12/20/2021 at 6:47 AM, karrotsishere said:

An article on Lincoln Farms - Green states it was a hard watch & they doing bloods but he doesn't expect anything is wrong with the horse, just drive too hard on him, BUT in fairness to the driver, driving instructions were to 'drive aggressive' he also states. 

So perhaps unfortunately a miscommunication, perhaps NZ drive aggressive & Aus drive aggressive is slightly different. Driver tho just did what he was told - aggressive. Lesson learnt and turn the page. 

As expected nothing wrong with Copy That. ALL tests have come back perfect. The drive was too much. At least tho Green has taken part responsibility for that lol. In stating they shouldn't of told driver to drive aggressively. Latest article on Lincoln Farms. Copy That to start Sunday at Ballarat. 

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/copy-that-in-perfect-health-and-will-have-a-surprise-outing-at-ballarat-on-sunday/

Copy That will make a surprise appearance in the A$24,000 Sokyola Sprint (1710m) at Ballarat on Sunday after passing every vet check this week with flying colours.

Trainer Ray Green had the horse exhaustively tested after he weakened out to run a distant last in his campaign opener at Cranbourne last Saturday night.

“His blood is perfect, he scoped perfectly, I had his heart looked at and it’s perfect. Everything is perfect.

“He’s eating well and looks super, so why not race him instead of going round at the trials for no money? That’s what we’re here for.

“While you like to find a reason for a bad performance, the reason was he had such an awful trip.”

Caught five wide early then four wide and three wide round the first turn, Copy That made an aborted attack for the lead before briefly landing the one-one then sprinting round to sit parked for the rest of the 2555 metre cup.

Green confirmed Chris Svanosio would retain the drive on Copy That and this time he will have carte blanche to do what he likes.

“We shouldn’t have insisted he drive the horse aggressively at Cranbourne.

“I should have said ‘do your own thing’ which is what I normally do - let the drivers be drivers.

“Chris knows the other drivers and horses so there’s no point in me getting in my two pennies worth.”

Green says the timing of the Ballarat race is perfect for Copy That, giving him two weeks until his next target, the A$70,000 Bendigo Cup on January 8.

“He’ll draw the outside but that’s good as it means he’ll probably have to go back.

“They’re not expecting a stellar bunch so with his speed he should be able to get over the top of them.”

Green says the 1710 metre trip wouldn’t overly tax Copy That and should have him primed for his next start.

“But I really just want to see him go round properly and not stop like he did last time.”

The fields for Ballarat are expected to be posted tomorrow.

On 12/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, Lightning Blue said:

Majestic Man, the $2 fav , was only finished a battling 4th in the end after a cozy trip. 

Still feeling the after effects of his lung infection apparently. He doesn't run that bad unless he gets fired up, which he has done on occasions. This year I expected to be his real breakout year, but things haven't gone to plan as yet. He is to good a horse to drop, and on song can beat the best including Sundees Son over the sprint distance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Still feeling the after effects of his lung infection apparently. He doesn't run that bad unless he gets fired up, which he has done on occasions. This year I expected to be his real breakout year, but things haven't gone to plan as yet. He is to good a horse to drop, and on song can beat the best including Sundees Son over the sprint distance.

He's had a big year !! The Interdomonion hard on the heels of that sapping run that Sundees Son dished out to all the rivals at Dominion handicap distance .  

Another Majestic Son trotter could be the next big thing here too. PLYMOUTH CHUBB with Kerryn Manning driving has racked up 12 or so wins in a row 

He ran a 1.56 time, just the other day too , so that's mighty good going for a 2 year-old. Won 3 group 1 's already . and gunna be a big strong type like MM too. Trotters are almost better to watch than pacing races these days. !! 

The Majestic Son's with Sundee and MM and now the 'Chubb' (what a funny name that is) are the  'Gold standard.'  doing great job.  

Last update for year & maybe for a while as hardly any NZ horses over there atm. BIG meeting at Melton this weekend ALL 12 G1 races! Both win chances. 

Spellbound drawn 7, race 1 4y-o mares final

Amore Vita in 2yo fillies fillies final drawn 1. 

Top filly Ladies in Red is in 3 y-o fillies final.

Will pay attention to results to see how He's Charlies Angel goes looks a chance - recap Sweet Lou (needs a G1 winner - other than Sweet On Me - Aladdin race was not G1 was listed) by hobby trainer & named after her Dad whom passed. Looks a chance. 

On 12/29/2021 at 7:54 AM, karrotsishere said:

Last update for year & maybe for a while as hardly any NZ horses over there atm. BIG meeting at Melton this weekend ALL 12 G1 races! Both win chances. 

Spellbound drawn 7, race 1 4y-o mares final

Amore Vita in 2yo fillies fillies final drawn 1. 

Top filly Ladies in Red is in 3 y-o fillies final.

Will pay attention to results to see how He's Charlies Angel goes looks a chance - recap Sweet Lou (needs a G1 winner - other than Sweet On Me - Aladdin race was not G1 was listed) by hobby trainer & named after her Dad whom passed. Looks a chance. 

Results, N Purdon gets a G1 on Amore Vita, & a 2nd on Spellbound. 

Ladies in Red too good.

Charlies Angel had his chance in front before weakening to be also ran. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Results, N Purdon gets a G1 on Amore Vita, & a 2nd on Spellbound.

Pretty sure these 2 horses are still raced by their NZ connections too Karrots. 

Amore Vita with 5 wins and 2 seconds  (from the 7 starts in Oz for Nathan Purdon since late October) for $150,000  in prizemoney. 

A smashing victory with fast 27sec sprint home last night for this great 2year old filly. Hey it's her birthday !!!!   She's 3 today !!! 

Maybe some fun Happy New Years Day parties happening in NZ today to celebrate ?? congrats to them.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 5:22 PM, Globederby19 said:

. This year I expected to be his real breakout year, but things haven't gone to plan as yet. He is to good a horse to drop, and on song can beat the best including Sundees Son over the sprint distance.

'MajesticMan' starting this year off well , driven a treat by Anthony Butt once again in the Group 1 Mile at Bendigo last night, finishing with close 2nd.  Looks back healthy again so looking good.

Former kiwis , 'Spirit of St Louis' and with 'Triple Eight' second have dominated the Group 2 Bendigo Cup as well. A popular Nz Quinella I reckon. Spirit winning easily after leading and being driven by the super talented Sydney Junior driver Jack Callaghan.

And at Menangle, star kiwi mare 'Stylish Memphis' re-united with JT, for a huge win last night , and must now be almost certain to take out the $200k Ladyship Mile in 5 weeks time (a race she dominated last year as well in 1.49.2) and might even have another Miracle Mile attempt ?, for young kiwi lad training Jack Trainor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On a Dull 'Omicron Red' Monday,just amusing myself looking at Ex Kiwis Racing Today In Oz.

Low Key Meetings,but Maryborough Featues a couple of $25k Races:

Group 3 Trot includes favourites HOMONYM,who left NZ Unraced,Owned & Trained by Richard & Emmett Brosnan.

PEAKZ LUCK 26 NZ Starts 3Wins 7Placings $40k Prizemoney from James Stormont Stable.

AUST Record 7 Starts 4Wins 3Placings $18k Prizemoney in 3months from Andy Gath Stable.

Main Pace includes longshot SIMON who raced locally from Tim Vince Stable,recording 4Wins 1Place & $35k.

Aust Record 45 Starts 12Wins 14Placings $54.5K from 2 seasons racing across 3 states.

Can highlight Both PEAKZ LUCK & SIMON involve THE SUMMIT BLOODSTOCK BOYS..who are also represented by one of KARROT'S Favs SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS.😄

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:02 AM, Lightning Blue said:

MajesticMan' starting this year off well ,

No he has had some problems so far poor bugger. Virus to start with .Stopped as if shot and broke ??. , from in front the other night. Has ulcers in his throat. 

Hope he comes completely right and shows the Aussies his true worth. Out of the Dullard Cup now.

• Sad 2

RESULT Monday * Maryborough 

PEAKZ LUCK  x WON Group 3 Trot.(at juicy $4)

Extended his record to never missing a placing in Oz,(5wins 3pl)

SIMON x Gallant 4th.Race Won by Kiwibred THREE RIVERS,a lightly raced gelding by Gold Ace (Steven Reid Trained).Three Rivers Won his Lone NZ Start on the grass at Rangiora,and has now won 3 from 5 in Oz.

Edited by Josias
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...