The Race Place

Winton Maiden Trot

Addington

Ill take Bensons Mate thanks. Had to get a map out & check out where this place is. Well actually did that as noted this horse movement & was wondering why. But is quite the distance from Woodends Beach. Again had to google where that is too 😄

Horse Movements: Bensons Mate to C Ferguson at Wyndham Raceway.

Edited by karrotsishere

26 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Meanwhile checking TAB results my select gets a dirty old 2nd lol. Beat by a horse with form x09.

Hi Karrots.

My feeling the reason your horse got beaten was, because it went too slow in front. Nothing challenged it, and it left in horse in the trail a good opportunity to have the last crack, which it did, and while he was certainly giving his all at the finish,  he was just out finished.

Cheers.

Robert.

30 minutes ago, Double R said:

To be fair Rees, if it had done things right, and of course, that is what you have to do in trot, I think it would have won by a comfortable margin.

Yeah ,I know Robert. They can be very frustrating .He looks a good horse by Love You. One reason I gave it the nod was he had Brad up. Phil did well and shows he can still drive . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeah ,I know Robert. They can be very frustrating .He looks a good horse by Love You. One reason I gave it the nod was he had Brad up. Phil did well and shows he can still drive . 

We sure do know the trotters do need plenty of patience, don't we!!

As I mentioned in another thread, the first horse I had was a trotter, and had three starts as a three year old, and galloped at the start, and lost all chance, in each race. He came back as a four year old, and won his first race, at one of the smallest tracks (800 metres) in N.Z. at that time, at Greymouth in the mid 1970's.

2 hours ago, Double R said:

We sure do know the trotters do need plenty of patience, don't we!!

As I mentioned in another thread, the first horse I had was a trotter, and had three starts as a three year old, and galloped at the start, and lost all chance, in each race. He came back as a four year old, and won his first race, at one of the smallest tracks (800 metres) in N.Z. at that time, at Greymouth in the mid 1970's.

What was his name Robert. 

10 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I think John Dunn has probably taken him over on recent form.

Over Cup week he did excel in the Dominion but in terms of consistency Williamson is better overall IMO.

The 3 horses i referred to were  a 2yr old and 2 3yr olds having first starts. That none broke suggests excellent grounding/training to me. They might have some talent as well. 😘

Edited by Addington
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Addington said:

Over Cup week he did excel in the Dominion but in terms of consistency Williamson is better overall IMO.

The 3 horses i referred to were  a 2yr old and 2 3yr olds having first starts. That none broke suggests excellent grounding/training to me. They might have some talent as well. 😘

I agree Addy.

I think it was just circumstances that many watching races do not see, probably cost Pyramid Magic the win. I am picking it was the first time away from home, on a strange course, and blimey heck, you are in front, and you see the clerk of the course coming towards you on an inside track, and being spooked.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeah, remember him. another Armbro Del horse. Exported to USA I see. 

Correct Rees.

He was broken in as a pacer, and then switched to trotting, won 8 races, and then as an eight year old, changed stables to Jack Smolenski, and switched to pacing, and was classed as a fringe open class pacer, but did run one third.

Edited by Double R

3 hours ago, Double R said:

Correct Rees.

He was broken in as a pacer, and then switched to trotting, won 8 races, and then as an eight year old, changed stables to Jack Smolenski, and switched to pacing, and was classed as a fringe open class pacer, but did run one third.

Yeah, much like a good horse called Miss Debra. Dual gaited and competed against the best at Trotting, and wasnt to bad at pacing either.

41 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeah, much like a good horse called Miss Debra. Dual gaited and competed against the best at Trotting, and wasnt to bad at pacing either.

On the subject of trotting Rees.

The winner of the N.Z.Trotting Cup in both 1920+1921 was a straight out trotter called Reta Peter.

1 hour ago, Double R said:

On the subject of trotting Rees.

The winner of the N.Z.Trotting Cup in both 1920+1921 was a straight out trotter called Reta Peter.

Correct. I have all the books ever printed on Harness in this country, and Australia. ,which one can find in yr Hall of Fame. 

You could come up with all sorts of trivia.  eg. The Australian trotting sire Aachen. Why they called him that ,was for the reason he would be the first Sires name in the book if anyone was looking. 

Another. Who fell out of the sulky dead during the NZ Cup back in the 1930,s driving Colonal Grattan while leading.??????  Eugene McDermott.