The Race Place

Ascot tonight

mardigras

Ascot's big meeting tonight.

Some that might go alright. A few potential issues with the track surface so confidence not huge.

R1 17 So Perfect. Nearly the oitsider of the field at 46s. But better than that if handles the track
R2 4 Kew Gardens. Can he give Stradivarius a run? At 5s.
R3 6 Fleeting. Has to beat another Dettori fav in Star Catcher. But at 8s I think is a better chance than that.
R4 9 Happy Power. Hasn't performed to this level, but I think the track conditions may suit him better than most. At a big price of 50s.
R5 1 Addeybb. Good performances and has shown ability on wet tracks. At 8s. Has to beat the hot pot in Magical who is very very good. Not sure the ground will suit her as much.
R6 3 Kynren. At 10s is over the odds. And also possibly 17 Biometric. Won here at the Royal meeting. At 15s is a little bit of value also.

Some went pretty close. Addeybb going down to Magical. Happy Power and Fleeting going well but just not up to it the last furlong. And Kew Gardens did manage to get the better of Stradivarius - just.

10 horses mentioned. 3 winners, 2 seconds and a fourth. From my 7 main selections, one winner at 5s.

• Like 1