The Race Place

Justin Langer

Hesi

20 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Successful Aus cricket coach, chucks it in

What is that all about?

I heard comment, that he is too intense, players don't like him??

correct. Not popular with the team. He's from the previous 'school' so not a popular 'teacher' for them.... 'Boof' got the flick when Warner and Smith were suspended.

his predecessor coach,  Mickey Arthur was also sacked for 'popularity' reasons. 

Often the Australian cricket millionaire Aussie-tough boys sulk about those not in their circle lol......  Michael Clarke was very unpopular as Captain with his team-mates , being the new school quintessential Metrosexual playboy , and not a keen fisherman, punter, golfer etc,  and beer drinker like his 'traditional' Aussie team-mates.   

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

correct. Not popular with the team. He's from the previous 'school' so not a popular 'teacher' for them.... 'Boof' got the flick when Warner and Smith were suspended.

his predecessor coach,  Mickey Arthur was also sacked for 'popularity' reasons. 

Often the Australian cricket millionaire Aussie-tough boys sulk about those not in their circle lol......  Michael Clarke was very unpopular as Captain with his team-mates , being the new school quintessential Metrosexual playboy , and not a keen fisherman, punter, golfer etc,  and beer drinker like his 'traditional' Aussie team-mates.   

Got ya

So male chauvinism is alive and well in Aussie cricket, from the top down

Isha Guha must feel uncomfortable then

I see they try very hard in the NRL to counter the male chauvinism thing by having so many female presenters, and putting so much focus on family

21 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Got ya

So male chauvinism is alive and well in Aussie cricket, from the top down

Isha Guha must feel uncomfortable then

I see they try very hard in the NRL to counter the male chauvinism thing by having so many female presenters, and putting so much focus on family

Well I don't think all the Millionaire Tennis and Golf players are fond of each other that much either really . but they are trying to beat each other all the time,  and don't have to train in each others faces either. 

The AFL and NRL and RugbyUnion team-mates all seem cool and get on with it (the training , the matches , the getting along with each other ) ok generally.

But the Cricket Boys (Aus)  are on their own Planet, and always seem to of been too (boon, border, warne, hayden, symonds  even McGrath was very rude to other s . want to have their 'individual ' needs met , but it is a Team sport so they are very tough on each other and esp those in rival teams . ask Symonds to train hard ??  lol , he'd say 'Hand me a Beer then" lol.....

"Can't bowl, can't throw" as Warnie would say , they should be texting instead.  hhahaha

• Haha 1