The Race Place

Shameful

LookingForValue

Peter, in Australia, do the various states(Victoria, NSW, Queensland etc), have, what you would call a PR initiative to counter negative press.

People in racing, know that horses are treated with more care than most animals, but with the 'racing' scenario, very easy for the public to get the wrong message.

In NZ, I doubt NZTR would be this proactive

On 7/9/2019 at 7:09 PM, Hesi said:

Peter, in Australia, do the various states(Victoria, NSW, Queensland etc), have, what you would call a PR initiative to counter negative press.

People in racing, know that horses are treated with more care than most animals, but with the 'racing' scenario, very easy for the public to get the wrong message.

countering negative press (including, I presume negative video footage) is not as important as suing the pants off these owners/trainers/jockeys for animal cruelty.  

On 7/9/2019 at 5:09 PM, Hesi said:

Alan, the governing bodies here tend to not respond to what is generally outright, ridiculous lies put up by the 'animal activists' as they feel it only gives them more oxygen. Instead there have been a number of initiatives such as the NSW Rehabilitation Trust (which I have first-hand experience of) and establishing Welfare Guidelines for industry participants. Take a look here:

https://teamthoroughbred.com.au/

I still feel that a serious Sunday Current Affairs program on TV needs to take these idiots on over their outrageous allegations and establish the truth for the sake of non-racing people and their perspective of our industry.

Yes, NZTR and/or the new governing body need to play catch-up with this.

• Thanks 1