The Race Place

Tim Williams - Field of Poppies drive

Happy Sunrise

46 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Why did he go back to the inside when he presented the horse wide and had room? Then only to be held up for racing room.

I look forward to the explanation. 

Well the stable-mate won the race ok for Hill ok , so they're all pretty happy still I imagine.

Much better drive in race 4 just now on Itz Magical Meg by Tim .getting up for victory.  Can't keep a good man down for long.

Just now, Happy Sunrise said:

That is ok then. 🙄

What about the punters? 

What about the drive? You have driven winners, what is your professional opinion of it?

Very lucky to pay a divvie IMO. Poppy was only 4th over the line.  The Flyaway galloping very late on was 3rd over the line , but must of been relegated.

So the Punters on Poppy for Williams Very lucky indeed to get something back. (surely they punt each way in those Big fields ?) run 4th . complain then if you're a punter.

The driver wins a lot of races. He Knocked off Copy That the other night. I find it hard to make a 'negative opinion' for a small error at the picnics .....

3 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

So the Punters on Poppy for Williams Very lucky indeed to get something back.

Lucky? You actually think punters who backed Field of Poppies were lucky?

3 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

I find it hard to make a 'negative opinion' for a small error at the picnics ..

What was the error?

So small errors driving  are ok away from premier meetings? 

FIELD OF POPPIES - briefly locked sulky stays with COOL MOON which was being shifted wider on the track by an inside runner near the 400m. Held up for clear racing room inside the final 200m. Stewards questioned driver T Williams regarding his decision to shift inwards near the 300m when having a clear run on the outside of the track before being held up inside the final 200m. After considering Mr Williams' explanation, Stewards issued a charge under Rule 868(2) alleging that he failed to take all reasonable and permissible measures to win or obtain the best possible placing when shifting inwards near the 300m when having a clear and unobstructed run to the finish resulting in his runner being held up. Mr Williams admitted the charge and after viewing the replays and hearing penalty submissions the Adjudicative Committee suspended Mr Williams' driver's licence from the conclusion of racing today up to and including 15 January 2023 (3 days).

Extremely lenient.

I wonder what his explanation was.

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What was the error?

So small errors driving  are ok away from premier meetings? 

Com'on Happy . A lot of Drivers make some sort of error nearly every race. There's only one winner. You've watched plenty of races. You know it's hard to win. Quite often you finish a race and then you immeadiately think , there's something you could of done better to finish closer. can't win all the time. 

I've watched a lot of gallops lately and they change ground and get hemmed in All the Time in the home straight at tracks everywhere Nz and Oz. And they haven't even got a large metal 1.5m wide contraption to get through the gaps with them either. (the sulky). so Generally these good drivers do better than jockeys IMO......... Tim Williams is one of the better drivers at having a go too.

Yes , just a small error IMO . wouldn't of blipped my radar as a steward , but that's just my opinion. you have kittens about it if you want.  I thought Premier driver Mark P was pretty 'cruisey' on his first drive today,  that got beat by a stable-mate too driven by Olivia . that's life though in the fast lane lol...

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Lucky? You actually think punters who backed Field of Poppies were lucky?

Yes of course they were lucky. The horse finished 4th. Then it still paid a divvie afterwards . How lucky is that.? I'd be very pleased if punted it. and would consider myself EXTREMELY Lucky that the 3rd placegetter galloped and I  got something back. If that's not luck , don't know what to call it then. Sorry if it's the wrong term for you. but anyway move on........ there's always another race to get Better Luck ??? lol........ 

8 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Yes of course they were lucky. The horse finished 4th. Then it still paid a divvie afterwards . How lucky is that.? I'd be very pleased if punted it. and would consider myself EXTREMELY Lucky that the 3rd placegetter galloped and I  got something back. If that's not luck , don't know what to call it then. Sorry if it's the wrong term for you. but anyway move on........ there's always another race to get Better Luck ??? lol........ 

We are obviously bred on different lines 😁 

Tim was subjected to one of the worst stipes calls years ago at Auckland but yesterday was one of the worst drives I have ever seen, it was pretty much indefensible and he only gets 3 days.

The stipes have laid ground work for these kinds of drives eg Higgs, Cameron and Newman but yesterday they forgot all that let him off with a wet bus ticket. Evidence of that is not even putting his explanation in the report. The matter should have been adjourned to a later date for a more thorough investigation eg betting patterns because it looked like possible race fixing as it was more than an 'error'. 

Field of Poppies was bet on, its odds came in from 14 to 8 I think, so somewhere out there is a punter or punters  who will wonder what that was all about and think they should be collecting a full divvy, except it is going to those who backed the stablemate. 

The stipes talk about perception, yesterday was a great example of harness at its worst. Did they give him 3 days? Yes, they did, but they openly swept it under the carpet very very quickly but we also know some participants would not be afforded that luxury.

Exhibit A, harness in decline.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Dont have time or prob not the energy to take a look at this. Likely Happys point is valid. Likely Lightneings point is also valid. 

Williams prob made an error in a split second judgement & it was wrong. Prob not race fixing tho.

Already gave you the tip re judgement his Dad is RIB boss.

Here is another example. Pretty sure someone told me that Chief didnt like me stating the fact that Williams Dad is boss of RIB. Went & posted something about me saying that on his site. Weird. Why come on here then go & post something on his own site about it? Again another example of trying to control the internet. 

But preach on about freedom of speech. 

Yet I feel Im fair. Sticking up for Williams here. But oh no, cant say 1 negative thing if Chief doesnt like it. 

It would seem that both Happy and Karrots have no idea about the Tim Williams suspension. Well that's according to this Chief chap. He obviously spends a lot of time looking at opposition sites and clearly has little time for either of you not that it should bother you as such.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Addington said:

Well that's according to this Chief chap.

I'd almost forgotten about that individual. 

Oh hang on wait...

He wasn't an individual was he? 

No, no, that's right. He was multiple people. Or at least one person, using multiple usernames, pretending to be different people on an internet chat forum. 

Until he got found out. 

Oh and don't forget, that in the chief's rulebook, one can't form an opinion or hold a view on something, unless one has actually plied their trade at that particular subject. 

So definitely no criticizing any Prime Minister, or MP, unless you have actually been a PM or MP in the past. Because you simply don't know what you're talking about. 

Yeah, that sounds fair. If you're in North Korea or China. We can't have just anyone forming various opinions on issues. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Rusty said:

No, no, that's right. He was multiple people. Or at least one person, using multiple usernames, pretending to be different people on an internet chat forum

Really, im trying to work him out but put simply , i cant. Seems an odd individual which from you guys think is not the case , he posts as multiple  people.

22 hours ago, Addington said:

It would seem that both Happy and Karrots have no idea about the Tim Williams suspension. Well that's according to this Chief chap. 

Thanks for heads up Addy. No idea what hes rabbiting on about. Had never heard of this horse, let alone seen any of its videos & clearly stated didnt watch race in question. 

22 hours ago, Addington said:

clearly has little time for either of you not that it should bother you as such.

Yes correct, he also dislikes along with myself & Happy - JJ Flash, Mike, Rusty, Gospel, Hunter Punter, Mardigas, Pete, Hesi, Globe, Walter, Basil, Enteebee.

When he has chased away a few more. He will then start to argue with himself in the mirror. It will be Chief verse Noodlum.

Ludwig will be point scorer & Brodie will be trying to get their attention stating every 5 seconds he is restricted & cant get on the Head to Head. The subject will be "Whats your agenda"? And the "usual suspects" will be a main talking point. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Addington said:

Really, im trying to work him out but put simply , i cant. 

You're not the first, and won't be the last. It's not you. And it's not worth wasting one's time over it. 

Perhaps he couldn't even work himself out, so that's why he created, and used, different profiles (usernames), so they could try and figure it all out. That, and to try and assist with the prospect of generating ad revenue (i.e claiming to have x number of viewers/profiles etc). 

I found it funny and sad at the same time that he had to resort to that (creating fake profiles etc). Lacking genuineness and integrity, that site wasn't for me, nor a few others. 

I think I'm "on the money" there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Field of Poppies ran a nice second with R May aboard. Not sure why he waited so long to pull out from one one given how strongly it finished. Seemed to do everything right so the nonsense from others about its manners at the Mot where TW got a holiday seem  to be a load of codswallop.

Edited by Addington
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Addington said:

so the nonsense from others about its manners at the Mot where TW got a holiday seem  to be a load of codswallop.

Hi Addy,

Another M James song I like recent release is Stuck in Denial. No official music video up yet, but heres lyrics. Its a goodie. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Thanks 1