The Race Place

Calendar

ngakonui grass

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

And if you think the scheduling of The Concorde is bad, have a look at the way they have shagged about the Levin Classic(Bayer)

Given this years outstanding crop I think that they may have fluked the placement of years Levin Classic.

Given that they get a good surface for the race, I think that it will be the race of the year, so long as the majority don't fall by the wayside.

49 minutes ago, Buller Rep said:

Given this years outstanding crop I think that they may have fluked the placement of years Levin Classic.

Given that they get a good surface for the race, I think that it will be the race of the year, so long as the majority don't fall by the wayside.

Can't agree 

2 weeks after the Derby, same day as the Oaks and Rosehill Guineas

The only horses it will attract are second tier horses, not good enough to take to Aus, or unlikely to stay the 2400m

Any impressive Derby runners will go to Sydney for the Rosehill Guineas as a lead up to their Derby

Staying 3 year old fillies with a good turn of foot will go to the Oaks

Horses that are clearly good 1600m horses as Legarto may be, will have long gone to Aus

• Thanks 1

Here are most of the top 3 year olds, an outstanding crop as you say.  Let's see how it all develops

Legarto

Wild Night

Maven Belle

Pier

Sharp 'N' Smart

Sacred Satono

Dynastic

Devastate

Desert Lightning

The Intimidator

Prowess

Wessex

Cognito

Waitak

Best seller

Polygon

Lickety Spilt

Cruz Missile

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 2:40 PM, Hesi said:

Can't agree 

2 weeks after the Derby, same day as the Oaks and Rosehill Guineas

The only horses it will attract are second tier horses, not good enough to take to Aus, or unlikely to stay the 2400m

Any impressive Derby runners will go to Sydney for the Rosehill Guineas as a lead up to their Derby

Staying 3 year old fillies with a good turn of foot will go to the Oaks

Horses that are clearly good 1600m horses as Legarto may be, will have long gone to Aus

If I had a top class 3 year old, which is the way the breed has been developed lately and wasn't going for either the Oaks or Derby I don't think that I would be running off to Australia at that time, when the Levin Classic is worth $350,000.

That's a damn good stake for a 3 year old miler in the Autumn.

14 minutes ago, Buller Rep said:

If I had a top class 3 year old, which is the way the breed has been developed lately and wasn't going for either the Oaks or Derby I don't think that I would be running off to Australia at that time, when the Levin Classic is worth $350,000.

That's a damn good stake for a 3 year old miler in the Autumn.

Well good on you, I might have missed the boat somewhere, but racing was always about being able to watch the best horses race in NZ.  At least quite a bit anyway, before they tried Aus