The Race Place

Karaka

Hesi

Just a few thoughts

1.  The whole execution by NZB is excellent, the online feed, the website.  I watched quite a bit of it and enjoyed it, and was able to easily look up who the buyers were, sale prices etc etc

2.  The blue table cloth shirts are back.

3.  Steve Davis, hugely entertaining

4.  Couldn't help notice the huge gulf between the haves and have nots.  On one side we have a thriving breeding industry, with huge dollars involved and all those involved looking like they have been living well, in their immaculately groomed stud farms.  Add into that the smallish group of NZ buyers, prepared to spend 6 figure sums on untried horses.  Compare that to the state of the racing industry in NZ, an industry that, the barbarians are very much at the gate, potentially a sunset industry.   

Hardly seems fair and equitable.  Time for some radical changes?

Plus from BOAY.  He moans a lot but I quite like this fella.  Wacky sense of humour and very knowledgeable about the racing industry

Joe Bloggs

Author

Posted 16 hours ago

There's a fucking huge difference between being a miserable bastard and a complete realist.

For a decade or more there has been a collective of certain breeders creaming it, living high on the hog, and giving sweet fuck all back to the industry.

No export tax, no capital gains tax, nada, zilch, what, just income tax? that is disypoprutunate when trusts, etc come into the equation.

I used to think you had a clue or two, I was wrong, way off, if you did you would have been pro-active but it seems to have passed you by, you're no better than that narcissistic flea on the other place, you can't see the forest for the trees.

Just because there is a strong yearling sale that generates millions for a select few doesn't mean things are cosy, you know that, there should NOT be an industry funded closed race day for millions and you all stand by and do Sweet Fuck All, all the back slapping at Karaka is sickening, the sucking up, the sycophant behaviour that Petone will be sitting back watching and thriving on, therefore the only winners are the breeders, the same mob that don't care about your domestic racing as much as they say they do......

The industry needs funding, it has to come from within, the gambling dollar can't stretch far enough, and the answer is staring you in the face, tax the exported horses, tax the buyer and the seller, it will ultimately assist the grass roots stalwarts that prop up the industry...

I can add no more...I'm done, thanks to all of you that thought enough of my input over the years to like a few of my posts, I hope you breed/own/train or ride heaps of winners and live til you're all 100.

Thanks.

Joe

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hesi said:

Plus from BOAY.  He moans a lot but I quite like this fella.  Wacky sense of humour and very knowledgeable about the racing industry

Joe Bloggs

Author

Posted 16 hours ago

There's a fucking huge difference between being a miserable bastard and a complete realist.

For a decade or more there has been a collective of certain breeders creaming it, living high on the hog, and giving sweet fuck all back to the industry.

No export tax, no capital gains tax, nada, zilch, what, just income tax? that is disypoprutunate when trusts, etc come into the equation.

I used to think you had a clue or two, I was wrong, way off, if you did you would have been pro-active but it seems to have passed you by, you're no better than that narcissistic flea on the other place, you can't see the forest for the trees.

Just because there is a strong yearling sale that generates millions for a select few doesn't mean things are cosy, you know that, there should NOT be an industry funded closed race day for millions and you all stand by and do Sweet Fuck All, all the back slapping at Karaka is sickening, the sucking up, the sycophant behaviour that Petone will be sitting back watching and thriving on, therefore the only winners are the breeders, the same mob that don't care about your domestic racing as much as they say they do......

The industry needs funding, it has to come from within, the gambling dollar can't stretch far enough, and the answer is staring you in the face, tax the exported horses, tax the buyer and the seller, it will ultimately assist the grass roots stalwarts that prop up the industry...

I can add no more...I'm done, thanks to all of you that thought enough of my input over the years to like a few of my posts, I hope you breed/own/train or ride heaps of winners and live til you're all 100.

Thanks.

Joe

How interesting. Do you know who he referring to Hesi.? Because JB is obviously pissed off and another contributor who has departed the site.
I'd guess it was perhaps Doug himself or one of his many Non de Plumes. Either way i'm picking he will have a crack at you for posting the above from JB. 

Edited by Addington

23 hours ago, Hesi said:

Joe Bloggs

Author

Posted 16 hours ago

Thanks.

Joe

Have to agree Hesi. My son in law is up there as an agent buying for clients , and I know his thoughts on the subject, but he needs to put food on the table doing what he loves best after giving up training. Those that know Andrew will know he calls a spade a spade.

13 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Have to agree Hesi. My son in law is up there as an agent buying for clients , and I know his thoughts on the subject, but he needs to put food on the table doing what he loves best after giving up training. Those that know Andrew will know he calls a spade a spade.

Knows what he’s doing and won’t rip you off either. 
Whether or not he buys a good one though, is in the lap of the racing gods because irrespective of all the bullshit it all come down to luck with horses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1