The Race Place

The Warning

LookingForValue

Hailing from Monterrey, Mexico, the trio of sisters - Daniela "Dany“ (vocals, guitars, piano), Paulina "Pau" (drums, vocals, piano) and Alejandra "Ale" Villarreal (bass, piano, backing vocals) - erupt with mind-blowing riffs, unpredictable, stadium-filling rhythms and infectious vocals. After exploding online with viral moment after viral moment, The Warning have used that momentum for a series of independent releases, including the Escape the Mind EP [2015], XXI Century Blood [2017] and Queen of the Murder Scene [2018]. After quietly amassing over 120 million YouTube views and 10 million streams, they have already burst into the limelight of the hard rock world with their debut single on LAVA Records, called "CHOKE",  in 2021, which reached over 9.2 million streams (just counting YouTube and Spotify) upon its release, followed by five more singles and a collabaration with Alessia Cara for Metallica’s "The Metallica Blacklist“ album. Their third album called "ERROR" has been released on June, 24 2022. Last year saw them play over 100 shows all over North and South America and they have announced to take over Europe in 2023
https://www.thewarningband.com/

The Villarreal Vélez sisters were raised in Monterrey, and all received training on various instruments at an early age. At some point in their childhood, Daniela and Paulina had selected guitar and drums as their primary instruments, respectively. When the youngest of the three, Alejandra, selected bass guitar as her primary instrument at about age 7, the sisters decided to form a rock power trio. They learned to play rock songs, often via the Rock Band video game series, and posted videos of their performances to YouTube.

In 2014, 12-year-old Paulina was profiled in the women's drumming publication Tom Tom Magazine.The band first gained widespread notice later in 2014 when, at ages 9 through 14, their YouTube video in which they performed Metallica's "Enter Sandman" went viral among rock music fans, eventually earning more than 20 million views. The video received attention from Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett, who offered particular praise for Paulina, saying "The drummer kicks maximum ass!" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warning_(band)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1boUYB9LFJY

Edited by LookingForValue

To mark the 30th anniversary of Metallica‘s iconic 1991 release The Black Album, 53 different artists of various genres have recorded their versions of every track on the album for a massive project called The Metallica Blacklist. Among them is Alessia Cara, who says she was “honored” to have been invited to participate.

“They asked me if I wanted to be part of this project, which is, like, crazy!” she tells ABC Audio. “I was very blindsided. I didn’t think that they would pick me on their list of people, but it was awesome…I was so honored and flattered that they asked me to do it.”

Alessia teamed up with a trio of sisters from Mexico called The Warning to cover the album’s best-known song, “Enter Sandman.”

“Because The Warning sort of got popular and got discovered through doing their cover of “Enter Sandman,” they asked if we could do that one,” Alessia explains. “And I was like, ‘Yeah, of course…that’s such a legendary song.'”

Alessia says the song choice is “kind of cool” because in her latest single “Sweet Dream,” she references the Sandman. “I was like, ‘Oh, maybe it’s serendipitous to to do this,'” she adds.

So, did Metallica approve of the job they did?  Alessia says she got a thumbs up.

“Not directly, but through the ‘team,’ we heard that they really loved it,” she laughs. “So thank God, as long as we got the stamp of approval from them, I’m happy.”
https://www.wrmf.com/enter-canada-how-alessia-cara-ended-up-on-the-metallica-blacklist/