The Race Place

Tauranga at Cambridge

Hesi

Decision on proceeding will be made at official scratching time of 7.30 am Sat

At this stage fields are 6/9/5/7/5/6/7, 45 starters, 36 scratchings, of which 8 had to scratch anyway because of the field capacity.

Meeting is teetering, I would say another small number of scratchings and they will pull the pin.

Meeting was a non-event, probably the worst in living memory, and should not have gone ahead.  Okay, a lot of connections did not want to run on a different surface, but the real problem, is the lack of investment in infrastructure, that has left us with bog tracks like Tauranga.

I note also, today at Woodville, good money for the 2 open jumping races, but only 6 acceptors

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

Meeting was a non-event, probably the worst in living memory, and should not have gone ahead.  Okay, a lot of connections did not want to run on a different surface, but the real problem, is the lack of investment in infrastructure, that has left us with bog tracks like Tauranga.

I note also, today at Woodville, good money for the 2 open jumping races, but only 6 acceptors

They should have thrown the noms open, least there could have had a  chance of better numbers. Preference could have been given to original entries.

Or, as was mentioned elsewhere,  transfer to Avondale so the wet trackers had appropriate footing.