The Race Place

NRL 2023 Comp Round 27

Hesi

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Yes, but no record thrashings.

Sorry mate but the cracks are there, and it is what everyone will be being a wiseguy about after the event, if we don't win.

We also had far better teams in 87, 11, and 15, and the NZRFU wasn't being run in such a shambolic way

Yes the cra is have been showing for 18months now.Sth Africa know how they can strangle us of posession so I just hope we dont get them in the quarters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Our Maizcay said:

Newcastle vs Canberra in first round is not confirmed yet, likely but Canberra could upset Sharks today

resting a bunch of players with niggles has to help and perhaps the Warriors didn't mind playing title favourites Penrith in the first week of the play-offs because it means avoiding them in the semi-finals (or preliminary final) should they get that far

Yep sorry you are right, Canberra can jump ahead of the Sharks to 6th if they beat them tonight.  I was sure I heard that only the Sharks and Roosters could change position on NRL Live

16 minutes ago, richie said:

Yes the cra is have been showing for 18months now.Sth Africa know how they can strangle us of posession so I just hope we dont get them in the quarters.

Yes well said Richie, the cracks have been there for a while now, but many fans and commentators' objective judgement is clouded by their bias towards the AB's.  The SA thrashing, albeit with a player down, showed up those cracks

46 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Yes well said Richie, the cracks have been there for a while now, but many fans and commentators' objective judgement is clouded by their bias towards the AB's.  The SA thrashing, albeit with a player down, showed up those cracks

LOL...the ABS heavy loss was also with (at least 1) first-choice player down. Do you really think the SA coach was going to reveal his RWC 'master plan' (bench stacked with forwards, 7-1) before the tournament?? THe ABs weren't starved of possession, they simply couldn't hold onto the ball on the day. They won't be doing that too often in the RWC. For me, the key to their success/failure is in their own hands - they have to adjust to Nth Hemisphere refs' interpretation of the rules. That means a far more disciplined approach to tackling, timing of the pass and execution of set pieces.

MM

7 hours ago, Hesi said:

NRL Finals series 2023 schedule

NRL Finals Week 1 schedule

Date Match Venue
Fri. 8th September 1st vs 4th TBA
Sat. 9th September 5th vs 8th TBA
Sat. 9th September 2nd vs 3rd TBA
Sun. 10th September 6th vs 7th TBA

Sorry to give you a bum steer Richie, but according to the TAB, Warriors game is on Sat 9.50, with the Broncos/Storm playing Friday night 9.50

I presume they are right

• Like 1

So im a bit split between Panthers and Warriors. Have been a Panthers fan since late 70s and love both them and Warriors to bits.As a Penny fan we have more downs than ups but last 4 years have been fantastic. As a Warriors fan I think we have done something special this year .At least  no matter who loses,they will get another chance.Do I wear my old 80s Panther jersey or my 90s Warrior jersey?That is the question?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richie said:

So im a bit split between Panthers and Warriors. Have been a Panthers fan since late 70s and love both them and Warriors to bits.As a Penny fan we have more downs than ups but last 4 years have been fantastic. As a Warriors fan I think we have done something special this year .At least  no matter who loses,they will get another chance.Do I wear my old 80s Panther jersey or my 90s Warrior jersey?That is the question?

Remember when the Panthers were called the Chocolate Soldiers, because they used to meltdown so easily.  That horrible chocolate brown

p.png

15 hours ago, Hesi said:

No prob, Rusty just post on here what bets you want with your $40 for this weekend

Thank you. If possible may this multi please put put on? 

Warrior with 17.5 points head start. 

into Rooster 

into Storm

Many thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20230907_134047_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.959b22e85da058833b36414e8a8553f3.jpg

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Okay will put it on this evening

Shaun Johnson is a big loss though, he is their playmaker supreme

Agreed, a massive loss. 

I've never been a fan of his, (I'm a Storm supporter and can't stand the wahs), but he has taken his game to the next level this season. Very impressive. 

Interesting that the margins in both the 1st/4th and 2nd/3rd games, were both 26 points, and an indication of how superior the Panthers and Broncos are.

A remarkable achievement for the Warriors to advance from 15th last year to 4th, but any thoughts of a premiership is fanciful thinking.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:17 PM, Hesi said:

Interesting that the margins in both the 1st/4th and 2nd/3rd games, were both 26 points, and an indication of how superior the Panthers and Broncos are.

A remarkable achievement for the Warriors to advance from 15th last year to 4th, but any thoughts of a premiership is fanciful thinking.

I’d tend to agree with that Hesi. They looked a bit over roared by the occasion. Probably lucky not to lose by a few more.