The Race Place

Who is your big race horse to follow in the next few weeks?

Happy Sunrise

I would go with Melody Banner at 7ff in the 2-year-old Sire Stakes final for fillies.

She was very good driven with a sit last Friday night and swept home very strongly for third. All Stars runners had cushy runs and only good, not great, the 2 Barry Purdon runners were very good but were in front of Melody Banner with the best trips the whole journey.

If Melody Banners gets a front-line draw she will go to the front and stave them all off as she has toughness about her. This toughness was shown when she raced the boys.

A multi with Chase A Dream in the boy's race will give you $22.40 to 1 during Cup Week.

Who do you like?

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Who do you like?

Hard to go past the 2 Best horses in NZ at each gait . AKUTA (nz Cup) + star trotter MUSCLE MOUNTAIN (Dominion) = $5.50 for both to win .

If you want 12-1 odd for your dollar, combine em' with RAKERO ROCKET tonight race 8 Addington. He go's like a Rocket by the look of it. very impressive first up anyway. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

AKUTA (nz Cup)

Disagree LB. I still think Self Assured will prevail as  he is far more consistent, and a more rounded pacer, with tons of staying power. . Akuta has the brilliance but can get caught short at times.  And in the Trot ,if he keeps his gait Bolt for Brilliance will give Muscle Mountain a fright. 

My smokey for the Cup would be Old Town Road, just hope he gets a smother and a last go at them.

Will be following the Sweet Lou's as well  .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Will be following the Sweet Lou's as well  .

Yes the one you tipped recently JOLIMONT went a great race , and must be a chance on Mondays big Ashburton meeting drawn 2 in the 3 year old boys classic R8..

and the Sweet Lou 3 year old girls, that SWEET COCO nearly beat the unbeaten Millwood Nike the other night too. Shes drawn 2 in race 6 Ashvegas on Monday and might very well do it this time??  with the 'Nike wonder-horse' drawn the outside of the mobile gate at the start. Go for broke Carter !!! 

My favourite horse racing is a Sweet Lou  ... SPIRIT of ST LOUIS. I backed him at 50-1 in Vic Cup the other night and think he could of won if squeezed the gap 100m out , but it got too tight. He'll Win the Interdominion In December at Brisvegas is my Big Prediction 😉😁🏆💰💰💰 currently 15-1.