The Race Place

Sweet Lou

Globederby19

Have a look at two of his horses tonight. Mantra Blue and Wagg Star. Outside barrier draws ,one blasts to the lead the other loops the field. Supported by Sweet Coco ,Jolimont and  Defy Me they are flying at the moment, here and Australia.  Speed to burn . If Spirit Of St Louis is in the NZ  FFA with a decent draw I would give him a royal chance . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Have a look at two of his horses tonight. Mantra Blue and Wagg Star.

12 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Supported by Sweet Coco ,Jolimont

They were fantastic . 2 great quinella performances last night at Addington. I think Millwood Nike is in serious danger of losing her unbeaten record in the Oaks .

Mantra Blue is looking especially good to date . A very nice type .

zoom668x445z100000cw668.jpg.e3f883d8959f6544e00b277812c43d0d.jpg

How about These Two Last Night **

Skylou & Never Ending

Gloucester Park A$200k WA Derby

*1st Skylou x NZ Bred.(driven by Maddison Brown)

Ran second on debut as 2yo at Cambridge.Unbeaten in two starts Alex Park as 3yo for trainer Peter Brown.

*2nd Never Ending x hot fav (driven by Gary Hall Jnr)

Wonder how the Sweet Lou x Karrots sold has gone!!!

6 minutes ago, Josias said:

*2nd Never Ending x hot fav (driven by Gary Hall Jnr)

$200,000 race an Hall junior driving for another Stable ?? against the 3 horses that he trains .

Of course he drove 'Never Ending' in a great manner to aid his stable horse of SkyLou.

guess if Prentice is stupid enough to put him on to drive against 3 of his own  ..he's stupid enough to just run 2nd.   

28 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

$200,000 race an Hall junior driving for another Stable ?? against the 3 horses that he trains .

Of course he drove 'Never Ending' in a great manner to aid his stable horse of SkyLou.

Gary Hall Jnr did "keep it in the family" as winning driver Maddison Brown is His Partner.

No flies on You Aussies.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2023 at 2:07 PM, Blackie said:

Aussies.....no suprises there.

Maybe this Aussie one will surprise you next week ?? 🏆... sure as hell surprised me winning the Group 1 in Brisbane in Winter. Grimson is FULL of surprises though.

If it does pull off the Miracle and defeat the AKUTA champ , at least one of the owners is a kiwi from Southland ( Lester Drake ) . He also raced the horse with Tim Butt.

A23I7525-DeNoiseAI-1.thumb.jpg.03f71fe5a1c4ea1a9d17ced9ba6fb090.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Maybe this Aussie one will surprise you next week ?? 🏆...

Yah dreamin Jonesy. Its a stand start for one, and even if he is off the front, with an 80% win record from in front from mobiles only , I personally think he will be left at the start.   . Another overhyped  Australian visitor methinks. A runner's chance only IMHO. 

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

He may find it a little cool here this week leading up to it.

ps see he's forgotten his knee & shin boots

Plenty of 'cool cats' there mate 😁. Marky Boy won't care seeing another Aussie raider. 

The real 'Blackie' even had Bell boots here with Nat.  Blacks A Fake geared up for action properly ?  good to see mate.... what a Champ..😆

My Lightning Blue was fitted with a Lugging Pole as well , when we arrived in Christchurch with him for the Nz Cup one year . 

That was just so he couldn't look around behind to see where the kiwi opponents were ??  😁😂🏆💰   as we powered away from them with the Nz Cup win !😉

739db42cc3f210439c5ed62ed3233aa5.thumb.jpg.50488fe38b8b7f942b3cd3e8243cb981.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

That was just so he couldn't look around behind to see where the kiwi opponents were ??

LOL. Fair comment LB. Got into the Inter Final as well as a late replacement and the rest is history, with Aussies 1-2-3 . Paleface bubble and Sunset Candios getting past Skipper Dale and my Fav Luxury Liner.   Did it tough too. Really good horse. 👍

Edited by Globederby19

• 4 months later...

Doing some NZ Harness quick research & found this recent article. For Sweet Lou fans, he is now the most in demand sire in NZ. Overall for all breeding numbers down.

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news/sweet-lou-popular-but-breeding-totals-decline-in-202324/

Also amounst my research checked Alex P results Fri & Oaks winner All You Need is Me by Adore Me. Adore Me producing top horses. Clicked on her progeny Sweet On Me (Sweet Lou) G1 winner & Remember Me G1 place getter & they have both unfortuenlty died. Darling Me (Sweet Lou) & Forever Me (Sweet Lou) both now at stud. Be interesting how he goes as a broodmare sire. 

Edited by karrotsishere

55 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Also amounst my research checked Alex P results Fri & Oaks winner All You Need is Me by Adore Me. Adore Me producing top horses.

Don't forget the one I tipped you a couple of months ago for this years Nz Cup Karrots ... JOLIMONT.  a fantastic Sweet Lou horse. 

He has just returned to racing and won Friday night (and last week ) with the Great man Himself MARK PURDON (doing the Very Rare catch driving)  driving for Arna Donnelly. 

No way can ir win the Cup with David Butcher driving , and possibly not with Arna training even. Even though she is doing a Smashing job ( in smaller races with Kango and that) 

So I Pose You this question >>>>  If you were a JOLIMONT owner  (there's 5 persons in total actually ) would you now say "Sorry Arna ..Mark could win the Nz Cup or Nz FFA later in the year for me..I'm sending the horse to him "   

If mine . he'd be on the Picton ferry about now heading South 😆😎😂🏆

Edited by Lightning Blue

8 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

If you were a JOLIMONT owner  (there's 5 persons in total actually )

Sorry to disappoint you LB, but I very much doubt Tommy would ever do that. Arna picked the horse out for them in the first place. 

49 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Sorry to disappoint you LB, but I very much doubt Tommy would ever do that. Arna picked the horse out for them in the first place. 

ok. ..might have to look at the Auckland Cup with Jolimont then . with Akuta off the scene and probably no Aussies turning up.

Sooner the Better would be tough though. he's getting stronger too.

And your old mate Self Assured is always an Auckland Cup hog too lol. 😄   He's a won a couple of them already (and 2nd last year to Akuta)  so might be running in May yet again. no handicap in the race certainly keeps him well  in contention year to year. 

22 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

And your old mate Self Assured is always an Auckland Cup hog too lol.

They are taking him along quietly, they didn't rush him out and only pulled the plugs halfway down the straight. A live chance this old warhorse, and could get reasonable odds again. And I will be honest I have doubts about Sooner The Bettor running the extreme distance. He is quick over the shorter distances but has never won past 2200.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

He is, but hasn't covered as many Mares this time in. Still flying though. 

Hey Globie,

Not sure what you mean re hasnt covered as many mares this time in. He covered 262 in 2024 season by far the most of any sire in NZ 2nd best Downbyseasside 116 covered. A screen shot & also link to all sires numbers. If you click on numbers. Also under sire name click on fertility & it pops up.  2016 he started in NZ & covered less than 100 mares for 2 years. After success of Sweet on Me he went up to the  almost top in NZ covering into 200s. Then tappered off for 2 years covering very few. But just this season rose to very top again. To be king. Most likely as I predicted a few years ago he will be number 1 in NZ sire that takes over from Bettors. A big prediction to make at time  including watch out for Telfers, they will be top NZ trainers. A big prediction at time too. They did btw. I recall Nod was keen on Always B Miki. Sorry if Im being a know all, just nice for my prediction to come about when hardly anyone was interested in listening & were big calls to make at time but numbers wise obvious. I posted this on Boay to anyone listening ha. PS Nod Republican Party for NZ Cup 2024!! (Better add in pending luck or stable driving & no cheats)!

https://harnesslink.com/new-zealand/sweet-lou-in-demand-but-breeding-totals-decline/

Screenshot_20240325-175920_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by karrotsishere

On 3/24/2024 at 12:08 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Don't forget the one I tipped you a couple of months ago for this years Nz Cup Karrots ... JOLIMONT.  a fantastic Sweet Lou horse. 

He has just returned to racing and won Friday night (and last week ) with the Great man Himself MARK PURDON (doing the Very Rare catch driving)  driving for Arna Donnelly. 

No way can ir win the Cup with David Butcher driving , and possibly not with Arna training even. Even though she is doing a Smashing job ( in smaller races with Kango and that) 

So I Pose You this question >>>>  If you were a JOLIMONT owner  (there's 5 persons in total actually ) would you now say "Sorry Arna ..Mark could win the Nz Cup or Nz FFA later in the year for me..I'm sending the horse to him "   

If mine . he'd be on the Picton ferry about now heading South 😆😎😂🏆

Yes do recall. A nice horse. Globe educated his mate about Sweet Lou. Globe had value figured out. Nice buy. 

Im all about Republician Party for NZ Cup. Ill explain later closer to time why. Dont forget he was next best behind Akuta who is out & dont forget Merlin & Dont Stop Dreaming are younger & new to OC big guns. Im surprised RP hasnt got a slot yet. Oh well. Hes not at his fittest yet. Long time til NZ Cup goal. Plus he has a stable mate in Krug. Who does younger Merlin & Dont Stop Dreaming have? Self Assured didnt race in NZ Cup I understand last year. 

Hope Grimson doest come with a donkey. Turned super star. Btw who was his latest donekey turned super star, turned burnt out and done just as quick? Hi My Name is Jeff to add to list so Im hearing. Hehe. The NZ Cup banter has started!

52 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Not sure what you mean re hasnt covered as many mares this time in. H

My bad Karrots, I think I was referencing the two previous years. And yes it is very heartening to see him realising the potential. Dropping winners all over the place,  his winners to starters is fractionally over 50% and interestingly after looking up stats Sweet Lou,s are winning once every 6 races for starters. 

44 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Hope Grimson doest come with a donkey.

The feeling is mutual there. Something doesn't smell right with that barn.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

A nice horse. Globe educated his mate about Sweet Lou. Globe had value figured out.

Speaking of Jolimont, when one considers his time over 2200 winning in 2.38 and change without trying, and compare that with Don't Stop Dreaming,s time of 2.42, both on fast tracks he looks a very good horse in the making. 

10 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Speaking of Jolimont, when one considers his time over 2200 winning in 2.38 and change without trying, and compare that with Don't Stop Dreaming,s time of 2.42, both on fast tracks he looks a very good horse in the making. 

Hmm Im havent really heard of this Jollimont. Will keep my ears pinned out tho. Now both u & Lightnring have spoken about him.

21 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:
1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Hope Grimson doest come with a donkey.

The feeling is mutual there. Something doesn't smell right with that barn.

It's crazy what is happening there. Majestic Cruiser from no-where (Riverina area) started the ball rolling jumping out of the ground and culminating with  2nd in a NZ Cup. 

Just been announced he is taking a horse you guys will know well . Moderate Nz and QLD performer Hot and Treacherous across to the NULLIBOR $1.2 million Slot race in WA.  They went over last year with a horse that couldn't win at Manawatu named BETTERZIPPIT and took the $1/2 million first prize.

BETTERZIPPIT hasn't won since ,as is not much chop . was just 'Set' for that race like a few Grimson ones are, and they have a lot of trouble recovering . just ask his 2 Interdominion winning horses following trainers . They both never won another race either. no matter where they went .... and there are others too.....