The Race Place

Cameron George gone

pete

39 minutes ago, Hesi said:

It was still a race for the 3rd best staying filly in NZ, which undermines the whole concept of G1 racing.

Make the Oaks 1 million and the Derby 2 mil, and get rid of this Karaka 1.5 mil bs race that isn't open to all horses anyway

Agree 100%

14 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I was reading that Chad Ormsby, won a bull riding competition on the morning of the race

Yes amazing, obviously a very talented man with animals, but I always known that, as he previously rode my slow ones at the Pike Stable when he was a jumping rider. 

I say slow, as at that time they didn't amount to much.

Sounds like he may have matured a bit??  He was the one that put the skids under the Moroney name in NZ, when he ran the NZ operation for Mike Moroney who was based in Aus, with allegations of all sorts of shenanigans going on at the stable involving drugs of various kinds.  I don't think the Moroney reputation has ever recovered from that, with the stable no longer being a force to be reckoned with in NZ, even with Pam Gerard in place running the show since 15/16

On 3/7/2024 at 3:51 PM, Hesi said:

Anything to do I wonder, with the priority given in the allocation of funds from Entain towards mainly stake money and disregarding infrastructure of facilities, mainly tracks, when we have seen so many problems with tracks.  Problems too numerous to mention, that at the end of the day NZTR are accountable for, made George's position untenable

As many have alluded to, including George himself, punter confidence via track integrity is a key to wagering growth.

As I said, he who pays the piper plays the tune, and Entain have just played the Last Post on Cameron George.

Will Bruce Sharrock be next?

IF that is the case - and there may not have been any 'pushing' whatever we think, these folk are notoriously hard to shift -  who would be the replacement?

Balcombe ?         Dear me, pleasant and approachable, but....

• Like 1

And I see that many of the critics still don't get what is happening in the racing industry with Entain.

Yes, it is correct to say that they have no control over NZTR, but as I have said before, he who pays the piper plays the tune.  Do people seriously think that all these 100's of millions of dollars that they are pouring into NZ racing, is being done without a close eye being kept on how and where it is spent.  It is a no brainer, because if it is not spent correctly then wagering does not increase and Entain lose in the end, and they are not going to sit back watch that happen

Cameron Rodger would be in regular contact with NZTR over where money should be going, the tracks issue and programming issues.

As I have said before, pressure from Entain over the myriad of track issues, is probably what saw the end of Cameron George, and Bruce Sharrock will be next unless he pulls finger