The Race Place

Commingling

mardigras

Now this is funny from the other channel.

At least 7 mil lost to the industry yesterday, 100 mil + down the gurgler and still no TAB today, it must impact on NZ as well, you earn coin from commingling and it's kaput, strong rumour China Virus chief, not the BS TABCORP are spruiking re a power outage.......more to come.

NZ does not earn any 'coin' from commingling. They pay 'coin' for commingling. Talk about fake news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, curious said:

They earn coin from Oz betting on NZ events that are commingled don't they?

They earn that irrespective of commingling don't they? So the only loss from Oz betting isn't due to commingling, it would be due to no operational Oz TAB.

Edited by mardigras

6 minutes ago, mardigras said:

They earn that irrespective of commingling don't they? So the only loss from Oz betting isn't due to commingling, it would be due to no operational Oz TAB.

Yes. You are right. Commingled or not is irrelevant but certainly cost NZ racing revenue because of the loss of Oz betting on NZ events.

Edited by curious
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, curious said:

Yes. You are right. Commingled or not is irrelevant but certainly cost NZ racing revenue because of the loss of Oz betting on NZ events.

For sure, however bookies may have taken up some of the 'missing' and a fair number have agreed to pay race field type fees.

8 hours ago, Hesi said:

Do you know who has agreed to pay race field fees and how much

I don't know all of them, but I think they included the major players. As for amount, I don't know - but NZ TAB would be negotiating that, and I'd expect it to be somewhere in line with what happens in the various Australian states.