The Race Place

Mark Rosanowski

Mardy

So i listened to the first race at Palmy(only race i saw) and was surprised too hear Mark calling the trots,am assuming he did the whole card.Now i can't recall him doing the trots before,but i could be wrong.But i think he went for the calling gig in Canterbury that Mark Mc got,so obviously he rates himself. What did people think of his calls today?.

Watched the first 3 races and he is very professional. Calls them very quickly during the running ,embellishes the commentary a bit. Its a bit one octave though, but in saying that its a difficult job and takes some skill . Being a Nth meeting I found that there was "no one dressed up with no where to go", made a pleasant surprise . Good on him , a welcome addition to the commentary ranks. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Mardy said:

So i listened to the first race at Palmy(only race i saw) and was surprised too hear Mark calling the trots,am assuming he did the whole card.Now i can't recall him doing the trots before,but i could be wrong.But i think he went for the calling gig in Canterbury that Mark Mc got,so obviously he rates himself. What did people think of his calls today?.

He used to be very involved in presenting harness didn't he or am I mistaken?

Yes, he covered the trots way back. Christchurch based.

He had one helluva head of hair back in the day. Commanded total respect. I picked him out a mile off in the Melbourne CBD 25 years ago. Should have got his autograph come to think of it.  

In more recent times he called a greyhound race, with an earthquake rocking and a tv monitor hitting him. Top bloke, and total professional.

He should actually be promoted to the central commentary position and only wear a cream, bone, white, off white, ivory or beige jacket. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1