The Race Place

Harness greats from yester - year!

craigos1

What a field 🙂  ..  this race was wonderful.. it brings back such great memories of Maurice Vermeulen... lovely man, so passionate and fun!  who of course to those in Harness know he bought into the family of Speedy Guest with New Guest ...   and ended up with the amazing Hilarious Guest ..   what a horse 🙂    ..   .and Phillip and Karina.. who we had the pleasure of hosting and enjoying in the festivities at Trentham over the years 🙂   Brings a smile,

• Like 1

The crowds at some of the meetings were incredible. I saw Cardigan Bay paraded at Hutt Park on his return from the States and the crowd that night just to see the Champ was mindboggling. I watched the 1973 Inters at Harold Park as a 20 yr old and it was standing room only the entire facility for all 4 nights.I have never experienced anything like it since, at any venue .A once in a lifetime experience .

• Like 2

This horse was a game good horse actually mush better than good.

Where I work , my evening tea break I go outside for a vape and normally most nights have a chat to the owner of Master Mood as he's going for his walk.

We talk Harness from past and present actually it was only a week ago he told me watch out for Shut Up N Dance won't pay anything but everyone has a high opinion of it,

• Like 1

Actually if you want a trip down memory lane go up to Alex Park and the NZ Trotting Hall of Fame . Double R ( Robert)is one of the minders up there and it is a fantastic place. I visited it when watching MM in the Interdom Final but only briefly, one needs a lot of time to do it justice . It is jam packed full of memorabilia and elicits some emotional responses for those of us who have loved harness most of our lives and have watched over 50 yrs of history pass before our eyes.