The Race Place

Odd Fixed Odds

Royal Nod

Saw that 5th fav & has no driver down too as E1. Higher rated than Franco Perry & Blame it on the Nite. I had it in my multi selections for the $100 on here only as watched a video with the trainers & they said big chance. Would of never put in otherwise. So wont do that again.

The 2 Lous have nice chance for run thru's, potentials to fill in top 4. 

Agree like his chances more for a top 4 place. 

Taking another look at that race. My preference would be no scratchings. Yes get that would go into 1, BUT then only 2 directly outside you (oppose 2 directly outside & 1 directly inside) & they both driven by good drivers that DONT kamikazi drive for lead. Much the same as Orange. Then there is Major Perry in between the next AS runner. Major Perry might come out looking. I just wouldn't want to be crossed by an AS runner. As musical chairs would be a high potential, locking you in deep on rail & your advantage gone. Of course as DR pointed out have to run your own race. Don't wanna have to go like the clappers lol. 

The 1st 200 metres will be key & will be holding breathe. 

Not long now til Cup Day 😃

2 hours ago, Royal Nod said:

The more I think about it it may not be such a great draw.  

Nothing worse than being hemmed in with All Stars around you.

2 hours ago, Royal Nod said:

Agree I think Major Perry will have a go for the lead.  

If you draw 2 on race day, I would have a short look to see if I could cross Willow Bay, if not hold the running line and let Major Perry do the hard yards and let him end up parked.

If you draw 1, then you have to hold out Franco Mac or you toast back on the rails.

I would want Willow Bay to start if I was Republican Party.

Which makes me think, who was the last horse to lead all the way, or pretty much all of the way in the trotting Cup?

Self Assured when pretty close to it last year. But has any horse just got to the front straight away and just stayed there to win? 

Neil Brady. Whatever happened to him lol

Edited by Rusty

They usually do top 5, which I like. No idea what this "EARLY CROW" is ... maybe Rusty is right ... 

Having slept on this, thought about it more. I disagree, think its a great draw. Much better than the car park or 2nd row. You have the rail, the strongest horse for Team Others, so can keep the rail line for Team Others. Cause if Team All Stars gets rail then they will have the box seats lead, trail & maybe 3 back.

Only 7 off front row as it currently stands & no real gate flyers e.g. both Lous are drawn back row. Based on current standings Stu - (stable name I believe 😁) is barrier 1 with 3 AS horses front line.

Lets take a look at these AS runners. Its not like there is Akuta plus Franco Indie. So need to capatalize on that. 1 is a maiden who has drawn front row comes into 5. N Ras comes into 2 & is a 1 win R47, hardly scary stuff. Then M Pur comes into 3 on fav. (The only thing is N Ras & M Pur together are tactic so be alert). BUT they both don’t kamikazi drive for lead.

Which leaves Major P & a stable mate of your own left on front line. Major Perry might come looking. If he does & crosses thats fine. He is part of Team Others. Surely connections know that if they give up rail line they could end 3 back the fence & their win chance over. In part of Q & A with DR in a G1 win, for TEAM B Purdon, they strategised as they were up against AS too. And it worked, as you will read tomorrow.  Can always let him cross then pop back out to re-take lead. So its TEAM others lead, trail & 3 back.

If Willow Bay starts, which as it currently stands he doesn’t. It would be in their best interest to NOT give up rail line. Therefore they would try to keep it, then Frano Indie can just go stroll causally to lead & Willow Bay would take a trail.

22 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Which makes me think, who was the last horse to lead all the way, or pretty much all of the way in the trotting Cup?

Self Assured when pretty close to it last year. But has any horse just got to the front straight away and just stayed there to win? 

Hi Rusty,

Lazarus in the 2017 Cup

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

I think Master Mood did,drew 4 and pretty sure he led all the way.Could be wrong as was a few decades and last  century ago.I had big punt on it at 14s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richie said:

I think Master Mood did,drew 4 and pretty sure he led all the way.Could be wrong as was a few decades and last  century ago.I had big punt on it at 14s.

Great horse who won 1986 Cup. Tussle won the big trot that day but who could forget this effort from MM

So saw part of the CUP DAY preview video & experts are ALL saying that Orange is going to go for GOLD & take luck out of play & will try to lead all the way. They say Stu (RP) can win (altho they select him for 2nd), BUT he will cope pressure thru-out the race from other AS runners.

Well Im wondering whom exactly? The AS maiden? The 1 win low graded AS runner? The other low graded AS runner of the back row?

There was talk like that prior the Jewels. There was going to be ALL This PRESSURE. But alas no pressure. Sugar Apple burst to the lead unexpectedly, over-raced was unchallenged BUT unfortunately didn't have the legs to stay the course. No mid race pressure tho.  

Decided do quite like this new scenerio put forward by experts with Orange will try to lead all the way. Its not an overly fast front line - only 7 off it including RP & 1 other stablemate. So down to 5. They said Nats drive has some gate speed.