The Race Place

Plenty to be made here - no doubt

mardigras

BGP have given us the 'oil' for today. 8 races, 6 horses at $3 or less, all at $5 or less. Should make a killing

R1 #7 Shez Super 9th

R2 #4 Sumi 4th

R3 #10 Margherita Veloce 2nd 1.30

R4 #7 Tramonto 4th

R5 #4 Reign It In 5th

R6 #8 Wicked Romance 2nd 1.80

R7 #8 Town Cryer 3rd 1.50

R8 #6 Makadoon

have fun!

And best bets, R2 Sumi & R4 Tramonto. Odds tip 😞 R8 Makadoon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mardigras said:

BGP have given us the 'oil' for today. 8 races, 6 horses at $3 or less, all at $5 or less. Should make a killing

R1 #7 Shez Super 9th

R2 #4 Sumi 4th

R4 #7 Tramonto 

R5 #4 Reign It In

R6 #8 Wicked Romance

R7 #8 Town Cryer

R8 #6 Makadoon

have fun!

Are these BGP’s lay bets? I’m presuming they are, I tend to agree plenty of value there, all of them well under the odds in my opinion, just not much liquidity on the platform🤔 however small fish are sweet 3 from 3 so far

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

R1 #7 Shez Super 9th

R2 #4 Sumi 4th

R4 #7 Tramonto 4th

R5 #4 Reign It In 5th

R6 #8 Wicked Romance 2nd 1.80

R7 #8 Town Cryer 3rd 1.50

R8 #6 Makadoon

have fun!

And best bets, R2 Sumi & R4 Tramonto. Odds tip 😞 R8 Makadoon

What was the return for laying all 8 in a multi

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

What was the return for laying all 8 in a multi

Around 30-1 - based on the prices as per the BGP app. But you wouldn't have been likely to lay them off at those prices.

It just astounds me that a medium aimed at keeping people interested and attracting people, would deploy 'tipping' of that style. There is absolutely no money in betting analysis the way Ted does it. And not just because they lost - because it is a method that clearly follows the same method of analysis that 90% of punters use. Hence the picking of 5 or 6 favs and the rest second favs. And then calling that 'oil'.

There are a few on here that use similar methods which is fine - I don't want too many deviating from the norm.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mardigras said:

It just astounds me that a medium aimed at keeping people interested and attracting people, would deploy 'tipping' of that style. There is absolutely no money in betting analysis the way Ted does it.

I used to look at that BGP app when it first came out and checked to see whether this Ted was any good. He had a terrible strike rate for such a stream of favourites just like you pointed out. The comments were all generic reasons why they should go good.

If you take enough short priced favourites you would hope you get a few and most would be roundabouts so to newbie punters or ones who have no idea the tipster might look like they know something. 

57 minutes ago, mardigras said:

because it is a method that clearly follows the same method of analysis that 90% of punters use. Hence the picking of 5 or 6 favs and the rest second favs. And then calling that 'oil'.

Even as a harness person I could tell the analysis was done on the cheap. For a start, there is no way you can give tips for meetings in OZ and NZ non stop. I don't believe there is enough time in the day. Then, with their pathetic punters club efforts where they descended into desperate bets at the end showed all of them have no real idea. It is almost a cult.

Same can be said for Mick Guerin and Greg O'Connor and their efforts in the Cup Week punters club. They were deer in the headlights and the bet they had on Idle Stuartia was desperation with a capital D.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I used to look at that BGP app when it first came out and checked to see whether this Ted was any good. He had a terrible strike rate for such a stream of favourites just like you pointed out. The comments were all generic reasons why they should go good.

If you take enough short priced favourites you would hope you get a few and most would be roundabouts so to newbie punters or ones who have no idea the tipster might look like they know something. 

Even as a harness person I could tell the analysis was done on the cheap. For a start, there is no way you can give tips for meetings in OZ and NZ non stop. I don't believe there is enough time in the day. Then, with their pathetic punters club efforts where they descended into desperate bets at the end showed all of them have no real idea. It is almost a cult.

Same can be said for Mick Guerin and Greg O'Connor and their efforts in the Cup Week punters club. They were deer in the headlights and the bet they had on Idle Stuartia was desperation with a capital D.

I remember Guerin  tipping  out  Auckland reactor @ $1.05.........it lost

• Haha 4