The Race Place

Cup day

mardigras

Thought the racing today was pretty decent. Cup was good and Guineas was a good ride in the most part from McNab. I backed that (without wanting to do a Thomass), but thought the race went very much to expectation.

Some big fields making for interesting betting races. A good day I thought. Barry and I were both a week early with value runners placing last week and winning today.

Loved seeing some SI runners doing the job.

• Like 1

Terrible day for me, horses that I thought would run well, like Duke of Plumpton, Lorde Have Mercy, Duplicity and to a lesser extent Vendima, ran down the track.  Hard to make a case for Loire.  Track too firm for some?

I guess if you won most of the time, you would have to change your name.  If you won most of the time, why would you waste time on here anyway, you'd be away in the Maldives:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Insane price on Loire. One for the tote watchers for sure being 17/1 for 2 days and drifting late. She was well onside for me thankfully. And also gave me thrill with a possible 6 figure multi into the cup.

I was sorry for the big push on J Eccles to have missed although its really crazy to smash her price given the expected tempo.

Travelling Light I never expected to give up the lead once she got there easily.

Kali gawked around I guess had enough at the 1400 no real surprise didnt like the mile and a rough trip.

Cup week is always a good week.

16 hours ago, Sandpiper said:

Insane price on Loire. One for the tote watchers for sure being 17/1 for 2 days and drifting late. She was well onside for me thankfully. And also gave me thrill with a possible 6 figure multi into the cup.

I was sorry for the big push on J Eccles to have missed although its really crazy to smash her price given the expected tempo.

Travelling Light I never expected to give up the lead once she got there easily.

Kali gawked around I guess had enough at the 1400 no real surprise didnt like the mile and a rough trip.

Cup week is always a good week.

KALI (T Harris) - Bounded at the start losing ground before being further hampered when bumped from the inside by JENNIFER ECCLES which shifted outwards. Returned to the birdcage with blood present in the right nostril which after veterinary inspection including an endoscopic examination was deemed not to be a bleeder having suffered an injury consistent with hitting its head on the starting gates.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:46 PM, Hesi said:

Terrible day for me, horses that I thought would run well, like Duke of Plumpton, Lorde Have Mercy, Duplicity and to a lesser extent Vendima, ran down the track.  Hard to make a case for Loire.  Track too firm for some?

I guess if you won most of the time, you would have to change your name.  If you won most of the time, why would you waste time on here anyway, you'd be away in the Maldives:classic_smile:

Only winner I backed was Loire. Didn't even have a bet in the cup (after backing Dee And Gee last week). You can't win them all unless you pick them on Monday.

Good stuff Sandpiper - sounds like you had a good day.

3 minutes ago, brown fox said:

Nice win by Loire Mardy but wasn't Jennifer Eccles unlucky? I think Watchmaker is something special also.

Didn't get the most favours for sure. Loire was good but I though the ride on Loire was a bit uncontrolled. Shifted in a long way and I haven't looked to see if it was sufficiently clear. Jennifer Eccles is going well though so is right up with them on ability.