The Race Place

TAB Website

Hesi

You see from time to time criticism of it, but what is actually wrong with it

I find it excellent, but then I don't have accounts with other offshore sites

Their pricing is poor, they limit people, and there is the occasional technical glitch and the AML, but other than that the functionality seems fine.

There have been a whole raft of promotions offered, even the hard nosed punters would agree that the no deductions has been great.  I presume a lot of this is down to Mike Tod, who joined as CEO in March 2022.

I had a big win on Sir Beets on Sat, and I knew it had won before it was announced on Trackside, as the money was in my account.  They must have access to the photo finish immediately??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

You see from time to time criticism of it, but what is actually wrong with it

I find it excellent, but then I don't have accounts with other offshore sites

Their pricing is poor, they limit people, and there is the occasional technical glitch and the AML, but other than that the functionality seems fine.

There have been a whole raft of promotions offered, even the hard nosed punters would agree that the no deductions has been great.  I presume a lot of this is down to Mike Tod, who joined as CEO in March 2022.

I had a big win on Sir Beets on Sat, and I knew it had won before it was announced on Trackside, as the money was in my account.  They must have access to the photo finish immediately??

I find live betting approval very slow compared to overseas operators. Particularly if there is a change in odds and they seem to suspend betting quite a lot more than other operators. They have tried to address this with a couple of settings that you can change. 

Hesi ............ I agree with you overall the website in my opinion is fine.

I personally have never missed out on a bet because the site has crashed.

90% of my bets are on by noon.

I too think no deductions has been a success however I believe Bet 365 Odds drifter is still better IMO , also they have odds enhanced runner @ top of page , meaning you don't have to scroll down to find it.

The TAB though I think have a website that is fine.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 10:21 PM, Tonkatime said:

I find live betting approval very slow compared to overseas operators. Particularly if there is a change in odds and they seem to suspend betting quite a lot more than other operators. They have tried to address this with a couple of settings that you can change. 

Have to agree as in quick fire sports events get suspended way too long and few plays later get opened again

They need to give a staff member $100 and tell him to go bet live on an NFL game. 
I don’t think they could do it.
If any team goes further than 10m either side of the halfway line, all betting is suspended.
It only takes a coach to look at his play sheet to suspend all betting for another couple of minutes.
Then if it becomes active, you place a bet, it starts counting down and 9 out of 10 times it goes suspended again before the 10 seconds is up. 
What they don’t factor in is that for every winning bet that they avoided, they probably lost 2 that would have lost.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:51 AM, JustPlodded said:

They need to give a staff member $100 and tell him to go bet live on an NFL game. 
I don’t think they could do it.
If any team goes further than 10m either side of the halfway line, all betting is suspended.
It only takes a coach to look at his play sheet to suspend all betting for another couple of minutes.
Then if it becomes active, you place a bet, it starts counting down and 9 out of 10 times it goes suspended again before the 10 seconds is up. 
What they don’t factor in is that for every winning bet that they avoided, they probably lost 2 that would have lost.

Pretty good summation.