The Race Place

NRL 2023

Hesi

Kicks off tonight, the market for the Minor Premiership is below

Any thoughts, feel free to add.  I will post updates and comment during the season

Warriors, it's their year, yeah na

Penrith Panthers3.10
Melbourne Storm5.50
Sydney Roosters5.50
South Sydney Rabbitohs8.50
North Queensland Cowboys10.00
Cronulla Sharks13.00
Brisbane Broncos15.00
Parramatta Eels15.00
Canberra Raiders23.00
Canterbury Bulldogs31.00
Manly Sea Eagles31.00
Wests Tigers81.00
St George/Illa Dragons101
Gold Coast Titans126
New Zealand Warriors126
Newcastle Knights176
Dolphins251

Anyone interested in a comp on the NRL?

Pools style

Eels vs Storm

Warriors vs Knights

Panthers vs Broncos

Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs

Cowboys vs Raiders

Sharks vs Rabbitohs

Dolphins vs Roosters

Tigers vs Titans

I would post this each week, copy and paste it, and just put a W, L or D next to each match, referring to the home team.

Draw(D), would be after 80 minutes, as there are quite a few, that usually get decided at golden point, which would not count for such a comp

Prize, ???

Dry run first round, as too late, first game tonight

Eels vs Storm L

Warriors vs Knights L

Panthers vs Broncos W

Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs W

Cowboys vs Raiders W

Sharks vs Rabbitohs W

Dolphins vs Roosters L

Tigers vs Titans W

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Anyone interested in a comp on the NRL?

Pools style

Eels vs Storm

Warriors vs Knights

Panthers vs Broncos

Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs

Cowboys vs Raiders

Sharks vs Rabbitohs

Dolphins vs Roosters

Tigers vs Titans

I would post this each week, copy and paste it, and just put a W, L or D next to each match, referring to the home team.

Draw(D), would be after 80 minutes, as there are quite a few, that usually get decided at golden point, which would not count for such a comp

Prize, ???

I’ll jump in Hesi. I’m also happy to put $100 in towards a prize or as a prize if there is a bit of interest. Format seems good and fairly simple. 

10 minutes ago, Tonkatime said:

I’ll jump in Hesi. I’m also happy to put $100 in towards a prize or as a prize if there is a bit of interest. Format seems good and fairly simple. 

Throw in an entry as a dry run for a laugh

I'm also thinking as opposed to a prize that someone puts up, there are 2 other possibilities

1.  $20 bet on the following weeks NRL round for anyone that picks all 8 matches correct.  This jackpots each week if not struck

OR

2.  It costs you $10 to put an entry in each week.  Whoever picks 8 results correctly, takes the pool, which jackpots each week if not struck

A hard fought, low scoring draw after 80 minutes, with Melbourne going onto win in extra time.  Melbourne's early season form looks ominous, with Jahrome Hughes, Cam Munster, Nick Meany and Harry Grant showing classy moves

Harry Grant already looks like hes gone up to the top echelon this year.

Very dynamic player

I will be in comp.Won NRL fantasy comp quite a few years ago,back when I used to watch every game.Before  Grandkids came along,now I never seem to have time.Although always watch Panthers,probably only missed watching them for 2 Panther  games since Sky started showing NRL .Love my League

Picking the Warriors will end up lower top 8, which would be a great result, tho likely to exit immediately.

If they finish top 4 would be an outstanding year.

There was a lot to like about Fridays game, biggest negative for me was inability of 2nd receiver to make yardage and this is no doubt being worked on.

SJ still has it but hard to watch him at times and his missed kicks are game losers, another area of concern.

Feeling positive

42 minutes ago, Turny said:

Picking the Warriors will end up lower top 8, which would be a great result, tho likely to exit immediately.

If they finish top 4 would be an outstanding year.

There was a lot to like about Fridays game, biggest negative for me was inability of 2nd receiver to make yardage and this is no doubt being worked on.

SJ still has it but hard to watch him at times and his missed kicks are game losers, another area of concern.

Feeling positive

I thought the 1 and the 6 both played really well for them and could make a big difference this season. 

Agree re SJ great in some moments awful in others. 

• Like 1

I think the Warriors will do better than last year and be fringe top 8.  Very few teams go from 15 to top 8 in a season, and it takes something special, such as the Cowboys and their new coach Todd Payten, another ex Warrior.

Another prediction, Panthers will not be the force they have been without Kikau and Koroisau.  Still top 8 but maybe not top 4