The Race Place

Karaka Sales

Hesi

Spent a couple of hours watching it this avo.  Took note of what David Ellis said about the Savabeel-Magic Dancer yearling, and made a small note in my diary for January of next year....will the bookies have a market out:classic_smile:.

Couldn't help observe 4 things though

1.  Steve Davis is the cheekiest auctioneer, but he gets away with it, in his impish style, like it

2.  Lots of aged, overweight men

3.  Lots of stunning looking women, what are they there for, with all those overweight, old men

4.  Money dripping off the ceiling, from the big owners, big trainers, studs, bloodstock agencies and of course NZB.  The inequities in NZ racing, are there, staring you in the face.  The above versus the, in the main, poor clubs, many of whom rely on donated labour to make it happen.  These clubs are the very infrastructure of NZ racing, without them, there is no industry.  I suppose there are many that think we could just bypass them, breed here and race in Aus.  That would be a shame if it ever came to that, the clubs need a lot more money out of the equation

28 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Spent a couple of hours watching it this avo.  Took note of what David Ellis said about the Savabeel-Magic Dancer yearling, and made a small note in my diary for January of next year....will the bookies have a market out:classic_smile:.

1.  Steve Davis is the cheekiest auctioneer, but he gets away with it, in his impish style, like it

3.  Lots of stunning looking women, what are they there for, with all those overweight, old men

4.  Money dripping off the ceiling, from the big owners, big trainers, studs, bloodstock agencies and of course NZB.  The inequities in NZ racing, are there, staring you in the face.  The above versus the, in the main, poor clubs, many of whom rely on donated labour to make it happen.  These clubs are the very infrastructure of NZ racing, without them, there is no industry.  I suppose there are many that think we could just bypass them, breed here and race in Aus.  That would be a shame if it ever came to that, the clubs need a lot more money out of the equation

The first word of point 4 explains why so many stunning females were in attendance.

30 minutes ago, Hesi said:

You're statements are also discriminatory towards aged, overweight old men like me.

I'll tell St Jacinda if you don't retract immediately.

• Thanks 1