The Race Place

Gee Whizz, Golriz

Maximus

7 minutes ago, Howard Atkinson said:

The lack of guile was mind-boggling.
The video showing her looking around to see if anyone was watching her place the handbag into her own bigger bag was childlike in its naivity.
If you're selling dresses for anything from $7K to $15K of course ya gonna have security cameras every which way. Ya don't need to be an Oxford graduate to work that out.
Then to go back and steal again from a place from which you've stolen only days before ! Like putting ya hand in the mouth of a tiger.
Clearly something had gone seriously awry with the cognitive processes of a woman who to that point had been universally recognised as intelligent.

Yes, that is exactly what I am getting at Howie.  Clearly an intelligent woman, but is it something that has gone awry, or is it a personality trait that was always there.

My experience with someone I know well, is that it was always there.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:22 AM, Hesi said:

Of course not, but why do some people steal, and not out of necessity, when the consequences are huge

there are only consequences, Hesi-meister, if you are caught. Same with other, more severe, criminal actions - I don't need to name them.

MM

3 hours ago, brown fox said:

Will be interesting to see what happens when Rangi the bus driver from Otara ends up in court for shop lifting and

claims work stress as an excuse.Could be opening a can of worms here.

Ain’t that the reality of it all

Meantime excuse upon excuse is just not cutting it. We all know right from wrong, or do we?