The Race Place

trainer ousted 4 months

ngakonui grass

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Dont care how many trials he wins sorry...cruelty is cruelty he does not deserve any type of praise..to treat a horse like that is disgraceful...he could win 100 races I would never give him a horse to train...my opinion.

no one is going to disagree with you, RJBr. My point is that IMO curious inadvertently used words that made a link between the two facts ...

MM

• Like 2

The other aspect to this, is that 'eyes' are on the racing industry, and this sort of behaviour towards horses will be seized upon by those that wish to see the racing industry closed down.

As I said, I'm not a horsey person, so I don't know what techniques are seen as acceptable around horses

Even the great Sir Mark Todd sees it as okay to quite severely (in my opinion), hit a horse with a stick in order to train it.  Seems to get quite brutal at 1.28

More whitewashing, IMO.     We never seem to address the real issues that dog this industry, and have done so for decades now.

As for 'paying a mortgage'  ... ffs,   no-one in head office land gave a flying fk about those folk not allowed to carry on their legitimate businesses and pay THEIR mortgages during the Covid b/s .