The Race Place

KINGFISHER

ngakonui grass

13 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Billy Jacobsen rides KINGFISHER to win 10/2 and in 3 starts since without him on top it hasn't paid a divy.

Makes you wonder what goes on with their jock selections.

Although I suspect you will disagree, but I rate his performance last start as his best in his career - superior to the winning run. And the start after the win, I rate superior to the winning run also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngakonui grass said:

Billy Jacobsen rides KINGFISHER to win 10/2 and in 3 starts since without him on top it hasn't paid a divy.

Makes you wonder what goes on with their jock selections.

I've noticed he never seems to get consistent rides on the same horse. Maybe some sort of attitude problem - who knows?

28 minutes ago, curious said:

I have his last two runs both equal to his winning runs and his best lifetime performances.

For me, this is one of the harder things general punters struggle with. Looking at placings as opposed to performance. It is the same issue with many of the stats that punters use. It is unknown as to the performance of the placings that relate to the stat.

Another good reason not to use stats.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, curious said:

I don't use place position in previous runs in my assessment of chance at all. No idea what that has to do with it or how I could use it to assess chance in the current event.

I also have no use for place position anywhere.

29 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I also have no use for place position anywhere.

If you take average performances in middle grade handicap races here through the so-called tiers, the winners performance on industry days is the same as that on feature or premier days. Only difference tends to be that the horse that finished 8th on a feature day say, might have run 3rd on the industry day because of the difference in the performance quality through the depth of performance quality in the fields respectively. The actual placing has nought to do with that.

Edited by curious
  • Like 1