The Race Place

Sistema containers

ngakonui grass

Anybody been unlucky enough to be using the new SISTEMA containers.

The old ones clipped from the bottom on to the lid.The new invention clips the lid onto the bottom,consequently every time you open them the clips come off as you have to use a bit of force to open them.Pretty minor in the scheme of things but it annoys the s...t out of me.

50 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

Anybody been unlucky enough to be using the new SISTEMA containers.

The old ones clipped from the bottom on to the lid.The new invention clips the lid onto the bottom,consequently every time you open them the clips come off as you have to use a bit of force to open them.Pretty minor in the scheme of things but it annoys the s...t out of me.

No doubt someone saw how to save 0.5c per item so f*ck what the customer thinks, let's do it !

Very cynical PJ

Having headed up the new product development division for a large multinational, the focus was always on what the customer thought, quality was always paramount 

We spent millions on Usage and Attitude consumer research

This has a parallel in the racing industry in NZ, where very little consumer research has been done on the views of the hoi polloi towards racing, the strengths and weaknesses and therefore how things could be improved

Those in charge seem to think they know best.  That sort of approach in business, would see you being shown the door

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

Very cynical PJ

Having headed up the new product development division for a large multinational, the focus was always on what the customer thought, quality was always paramount 

We spent millions on Usage and Attitude consumer research

This has a parallel in the racing industry in NZ, where very little consumer research has been done on the views of the hoi polloi towards racing, the strengths and weaknesses and therefore how things could be improved

Those in charge seem to think they know best.  That sort of approach in business, would see you being shown the door

Alan I agree 100% but I see this sort of thing in business a lot now. There are those companies that strive for excellence - hey I work for one of those - and a good deal who don't. One of the reasons we are number one is due to more intensive research than our competitors. I know because I do a lot of that research.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:32 AM, Maximus said:

Hey PJ how about doing some research for Maxi? Interested in the stallion Telperion and wondering what female lines would cross the best with him, in your opinion ...

MM

Sorry Max, only just saw this. Best lines for this horse would be anything with Shamardal in the pedigree. Mares by sons of Shamardal such as Lope de Vega, Puissance de Lune, Captain Sonador, Ghibellines or Shamoline Warrior should be ideal.

The other tried and true method for success is breeding back into the stallion's damline so in the case of Telperion mares by Thorn Park or Ego or something that his Christmas Tree on the damline would be highly suitable.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 7:48 PM, Hesi said:

Very cynical PJ

Not quite so cynical as a reality. Having been an appliance repair expert on gas equipment for a long time, I did notice that they became flimsier and flimsier.

As one technician from one of the many brands I dealt with explained , two less screws holding it together without affecting its integrity extrapolated out to thousands saved at the end of the line, sometimes hundreds of thousands. 

• 4 weeks later...