The Race Place

Johnny Nevits late scratching 10-12-21

Rusty

On 12/15/2021 at 7:14 AM, karrotsishere said:

In news today, Greyhounds been given 1 year to clean act up or they will be banished from racing. This Jonny Nevits being involved in this latest thing, is incredibly bad news for Harness being the same horse as Alford injected. 

Neither area of the industry is helping itself. 

Throw in jumps racing and it looks bloody awful to an outsider and even insiders I bet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

All part of the harness racing civil war going on at the moment.

Yeah Im not really sure who is against who other than this here, which IMO isn't cool, Peter P publicly having a crack at a lawyer. Everyone has a right to defence whether innocent or guilty. Using ones platform in this way to slam a lawyer is unprofessional & probably borderline mis-using his platform. 

@Enteebee are you OK? Did you receive a letter from the lawyer? It wasn't to do with anything you posted on here was it? 

Goodness me this is getting way out of hand & too much drama. 

If true a reminder to us all, including me, to be VERY mindful when posting. Also noticed that the Code of Conduct has been amended. Thought it was due to take effect Jan 22, but think it read it kicks in now ... 

Edited by karrotsishere

18 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sure is.

Well anyway hope he is ok. He has his Grandson ill atm which would be very stressful. 

In saying that I dont understand why peeps including Profit are going after the lawyer which I highlighted earlier. It's not cool. The man is just doing his job. A bit like when peeps shoot the messenger if they don't like the message. I find that weird too. 

31 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

In saying that I dont understand why peeps including Profit are going after the lawyer which I highlighted earlier. It's not cool. The man is just doing his job. A bit like when peeps shoot the messenger if they don't like the message. I find that weird too. 

I think some harness people are reacting fiercely because they are tired of having their sport put through the ringer by the likes Alford, Anderson and Kerr. There has been too much skullduggery (perceived and otherwise) in recent times and too many performances too good to be true. Maybe, they have lost faith in the system to manage itself too.

Peterprofit seems like a loose cannon but he is just a consequence of all this and not a cause. If HRNZ want the problem to go away fix the cause of it. Easier said than done but it has to be done. 

37 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Well anyway hope he is ok. He has his Grandson ill atm which would be very stressful. 

He seems like a good genuine guy of harness racing. What does that tell you if he has received a letter?

I would hope Woodham or someone else with a title is working in the background to help resolve all of this before it escalates even further because from what I can see, there will be no winners coming out of this, none whatsoever. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

He seems like a good genuine guy of harness racing. What does that tell you if he has received a letter?

I would hope Woodham or someone else with a title is working in the background to help resolve all of this before it escalates even further because from what I can see, there will be no winners coming out of this, none whatsoever. 

Agree re @Enteebee, seems like a lovely guy who doesn't need this, esp right now. Id just remove the post, whatever it was, don't think it was 1 from here - apologise & move on. As mentioned he has his Grandson which he has posted about multiple times on here, who is very ill in Starship, therefore that is clearly on his mind & dramatic emotional time for him right now to be going thru currently. The lawyer just in that should see empathy, & hopefully just move on once an retraction/apology is given & post removed & explanation re Grandson. 

Peterprofit seems like a loose cannon 

Do you think lol. The thing Im finding is he has some really good articles, but then with the name calling & no balance, bearly a positive article on Harness & the sledging going on, IMO he's starting to lose credibility. @Mike has decided due to all the drama he wont be racing his horse with Profit anymore. Just stepping over the line unfortunately lately in his articles. So we won't be getting him on to do our Q&A. But @mardigras is up next, & boy oh boy is it a goodie. Out Monday. 

I think some harness people are reacting fiercely because they are tired of having their sport put through the ringer by the likes Alford, Anderson and Kerr. There has been too much skullduggery (perceived and otherwise) in recent times and too many performances too good to be true. Maybe, they have lost faith in the system to manage itself too.

Yes I understand. Im was just pointing out no need to attack the lawyer. 

Agree re be good for Woodham to step in, before it escalates further. 

Edited by karrotsishere

8 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

@Enteebee are you OK? Did you receive a letter from the lawyer? It wasn't to do with anything you posted on here was it? 

Goodness me this is getting way out of hand & too much drama. 

If true a reminder to us all, including me, to be VERY mindful when posting. Also noticed that the Code of Conduct has been amended. Thought it was due to take effect Jan 22, but think it read it kicks in now ... 

I posted a screenshot of the same one as you did here so if Alister Davis can find out your details karrot - he may come after you

But it looks like his threat is illegal for many reasons as Archie points out in todays story

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Agree re @Enteebee, seems like a lovely guy who doesn't need this, esp right now. Id just remove the post, whatever it was, don't think it was 1 from here - apologise & move on. As mentioned he has his Grandson which he has posted about multiple times on here, who is very ill in Starship, therefore that is clearly on his mind & dramatic emotional time for him right now to be going thru currently. The lawyer just in that should see empathy, & hopefully just move on once an retraction/apology is given & post removed & explanation re Grandson. 

Do you think lol. The thing Im finding is he has some really good articles, but then with the name calling & no balance, bearly a positive article on Harness & the sledging going on, IMO he's starting to lose credibility. @Mike has decided due to all the drama he wont be racing his horse with Profit anymore. Just stepping over the line unfortunately lately in his articles. Plus Profit hadn't paid yet. So we won't be getting him on to do our Q&A. But @mardigras is up next, & boy oh boy is it a goodie. Out Monday. 

Yes I understand. Im was just pointing out no need to attack the lawyer. 

Agree re be good for Woodham to step in, before it escalates further. 

if you look at the first letter it was a joke and I said so - there is some thought that a license holder actually sent it as it looks photo copied - was sent to a few owners and the email addresses can only have come from HRNZ which of course they deny. There is one suspect who is a big supporter of some of the dodgy trainers.

Original defamation letter - with multiple errors.pdf

I started the Harness Owners Facebook group when Owners got shafted by the Board and ever since then it has been a battle - we win some we lose some but Spicer being rolled gives us hope that change is coming.  A few more cheats getting caught will help

I'm pretty much hated by HRNZ and many licence holders but really dont give a shit.  so no I do not expect any mediation offer from them.

13 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

I posted a screenshot of the same one as you did here so if Alister Davis can find out your details karrot - he may come after you

But it looks like his threat is illegal for many reasons as Archie points out in todays story

What really. Ok, well Ill just go ahead now & remove it then.

Find it hard to believe he would come after me, considering Iv done nothing but stick up for him & his client Fitzgerald.

Im not sure what you posted alongside your screen shot. Perhaps it was in a negative tone towards him.

6 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

I started the Harness Owners Facebook group when Owners got shafted by the Board and ever since then it has been a battle - we win some we lose some but Spicer being rolled gives us hope that change is coming.  A few more cheats getting caught will help

I'm pretty much hated by HRNZ and many licence holders but really dont give a shit.  so no I do not expect any mediation offer from them.

That sucks. I don't hate you & get your position. But good to be mindful moving forward re social media. Especially as you post with your name, and your poster name is known. 

Just now, karrotsishere said:

What really. Ok, well Ill just go ahead now & remove it then.

Find it hard to believe he would come after me, considering Iv done nothing but stick up for him & his client Fitzgerald.

Im not sure what you posted alongside your screen shot. Perhaps it was in a negative tone towards him.

very negative - read the letter - full of errors - Deformation Act 9092 - it is actually 1992 - he will have trouble proving loss from a post on a Private page

1 minute ago, Enteebee said:

very negative - read the letter - full of errors - Deformation Act 9092 - it is actually 1992 - he will have trouble proving loss from a post on a Private page

Will do, just busy atm but been checking this website thru-out the day as been thinking of you & hope your Grandson is doing ok. Ill write back properly when I get a chance. 

39 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Will do, just busy atm but been checking this website thru-out the day as been thinking of you & hope your Grandson is doing ok. Ill write back properly when I get a chance. 

grandson is improving every day - white blood cell count able to be measured now so bone marrow seems to be working - thanks for asking

• Like 2

Ok Im back - so

Its probably just a typo re defamation act 9092.

The 2nd page is exactly what I said in my post, that the article may have been interpreted as implying Fitzgerald was involved. It did. Thats how I read it. When that was not the case.

Risk verse reward.

Risk - its not a false threat.

Reward - the matter is closed.

Id just take the post down & apologise to the lawyer

Mr Profit should do the same re Fitzgerald.

That’s all they want & are asking for re the letter. Its just a matter of process & from their point of view its fair enuff.

Great to hear your Grandson is doing better. You don’t need any drama or stress right now.

Ps you may feel like you are hated, as they possibly are the vocal ones, but you also will have those that back you, re wanting fair play for all. I am one & I bet I know of others. I just don’t like when journos write non-stop negative articles going over & over the same same thing & offer nothing positive about the industry.

Edited by karrotsishere

4 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Its probably just a typo re defamation act 9092.

But there are other typos in the letter.

'time Timeframe'?

Seems odd coming from a law firm of supposed repute.

8 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

That’s all they want & are asking for re the letter. Its just a matter of process & from their point of view its fair enuff.

I don't think they are.

16 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

But there are other typos in the letter.

'time Timeframe'?

Seems odd coming from a law firm of supposed repute.

I don't think they are.

Yeah only had a quick bo-peep look at it. Well if anything its a good-will thing to take it down. Keeping it up won't achieve anything. Besides now that Code of Conduct is in, goodness worst case Enteebee gets lined up or something by HRNZ. I really don't want to see that. 

Let the RIB do their job & the spectators - commentators on the sidelines need to be mindful moving forward. 

Its up to Enteebee his life & Profit, but that is what I would do.