The Race Place

Johnny Nevits late scratching 10-12-21

Rusty

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

Some great racing today as usual again at Addington. Mr Purvis and the Hope family winning 1 each from Woodend Beach.

And Mr Bob Butt from Woodend Beach won 2 races well. How are all the conspiracies theories going with that fine training performance ??

Admirable attitude but your post shows you only have a superficial understanding of the history of all of this.

The fact you mention the Hope family shows this. 

On 7/9/2022 at 9:36 AM, Rusty said:

I started this thread when I was oncourse at Addington, with a very bad feeling in my stomach. 

Thanks Rusty. The adage that what proceeds from the mouth is usually what lies in the heart, and that goes for actions as well. A total disregard for a horses welfare and well being sacrificed on the altar of potentially/or probably profiting from it needs to be called out for what it is. Lets face it, whether we want to acknowledge it or not and prefer to keep our heads in the sand , boundaries are being pushed . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Thanks Rusty. The adage that what proceeds from the mouth is usually what lies in the heart, and that goes for actions as well. A total disregard for a horses welfare and well being sacrificed on the altar of potentially/or probably profiting from it needs to be called out for what it is. Lets face it, whether we want to acknowledge it or not and prefer to keep our heads in the sand , boundaries are being pushed . 

how come your trainer has had positive swabs ? more than1

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Admirable attitude but your post shows you only have a superficial understanding of the history of all of this.

The fact you mention the Hope family shows this. 

Fair comment. I know none of the protagonists personally. Can only go on what I see. (Fully agree with you the Newman drive that time was a 'funny' one lol.) good entertainment though.  And 'one' should just comment on what is convicted. I know Matt Purvis copping flak (not from me mate ) (and rather unfairly IMO as Not convicted/ charged with anything). But I can be the BAD guy if you like I spose lol.....   BTW.. go Hope family!  should I mention my support for them ? Muscle Mountain Not too Shabby ? thanks for your concern mate. didn't realise I wasn't spose to mention them lol...... anyway life goes on. If you don't laugh - you'll cry. 

NZ harness officials dealing with these problems as they come along (Alford , Jones and co) so what more can you ask .

My superficial understanding not too bad though , I must say. it stops the deep hatred setting in anyway lol.... all the best cobber. 

When reading this thread, noted on right hand side screen shots popped up. Not going to call it Gossip Girl Harness column anymore as have noted (by public made visible stuff), recently hasnt been gossipy. (btw Gossip Girl TV show set in NY) the big reveal turned out Gossip Girl was a guy!

Anyway just a note to those Profit has put out a warning for non-subscribers not to copy or share his content. Saying that hundreds if not thousands are doing so. 

Surely not talking about us, as a screen shot of the title of article, that is out there on a public website cant be infrigement.(if he considers it to be, no problem we can delete it - in saying that no one from here as far as I know has shared an article recently).

Get where he is coming from if he means subscribers are sharing the full articles with non-subscribers regularly. Thats not cool. Those non paying need to sign up & pay if they want to read the full articles.

If his warning is on the money, sounds like his articles are quite popular. 

Edited by karrotsishere

On 7/9/2022 at 11:31 AM, Rusty said:

My old lady says, people that are mean to animals, are mean to people. 

I'm not going to say anymore about that.

But if you know, you know. 

On 7/10/2022 at 2:46 PM, karrotsishere said:

Possessive is another one. So all these signs, animal abuser, controlling, jealous, manipulating, isolating, get your daughters out - big red flag.

Gosh I recall reading about that galloping case - Meads. So sad. 

https://harnesslink.com/usa/trainer-mark-evers-killed-by-police-after-shooting/

Apparently, officers were familiar with the suspect, 65-year-old Mark Evers, and that they had responded to the home for multiple other domestic violence calls in the past.

On this particular night, Evers was allegedly ramming an ATV into his wife’s vehicle. The wounded officer’s female partner returned fire, killing the gunman, according to the chief.

Wonder what M Evers was like towards horses? They dont all nessarily treat animals bad. But if someone has ALL or even say 4 out of 6 of those signs in bold above, its bad news. 

Right looking for some positive news now.

Edited by karrotsishere

7 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

https://harnesslink.com/usa/trainer-mark-evers-killed-by-police-after-shooting/

Apparently, officers were familiar with the suspect, 65-year-old Mark Evers, and that they had responded to the home for multiple other domestic violence calls in the past.

On this particular night, Evers was allegedly ramming an ATV into his wife’s vehicle. The wounded officer’s female partner returned fire, killing the gunman, according to the chief.

Could be in Auckland...

7 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Right looking for some positive news now.

Meetings at Addington tonight and Sunday?

46 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Meetings at Addington tonight and Sunday?

Not watching tonight.

But what I will watch is to see how Sweet Treat, gets on in its 1st & 2nd starts down South. Shes a full to Sweet Revenge. Now we ALL know I follow the Sweet Lous. So no surprise to see me following these horses.

Both have been transfered from North to Deep South.

Sweet Revenge showed BIG improvement instantly.

Sweet Treat just transfered down. So interested to see how she gets on. Will she also show BIG improvement ... ?

Both now in the care of C Ferguson. What an amazing UDR he has currently sits at .5043 from 26 starts 10 wins, 5 2nds, 1 3rd from starting multiple horses. Pretty good. Eye-catching.  Higher UDR than All Stars & as Rusty pointed out, think he housed C Jones horses when they went deep Down South, & Bensons Mate had that amazing run that was talked about on here was based at his then.

Just posting public facts peeps.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Both now in the care of C Ferguson. What an amazing UDR he has currently sits at .5043 from 26 starts 10 wins, 5 2nds, 1 3rd from starting multiple horses. Pretty good. Eye-catching.  Higher UDR than All Stars & as Rusty pointed out, think he housed C Jones horses when they went deep Down South, & Bensons Mate had that amazing run that was talked about on here was based at his then.

Put your yearly clothing budget on them. Go big.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Could be in Auckland...

Yea, could be anywhere, any industry, town/country etc. Went off track sorry bout that. What was trying to point out overall, anyone displaying ALL or majority of these things that I highlighted, are seriously potential killers. (1 or 2 or even 3 is not red flag no one is perfect) but no more. 

14 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Hey Karrots ,do you follow them in Aussie as well. I do, and they do very well. Have picked up some nice divvies .

Thats great 😀 Yes recall you follow them too 😀

Not so much. But did note that out of 12 runners in Albion Park QLD Derby this weekend, there are 4 Sweet Lou in. Also noted other day an OZ quinella Bonnie Prince Louie & Ultimate Chevron.

Still awaiting class of 2019 to hit ground so now 2yos. Thinking must be coming, but later in 2nd season or if not early next season (based on numbers - sooner or later they have to come to ground). 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Not so much. But did note that out of 12 runners in Albion Park QLD Derby this weekend, there are 4 Sweet Lou in.

Only The Group 3 South East Derby this week Karrots, is only a lead-up to the real thing Group 1 Queensland Derby worth plenty , on next week.

Your Sweet Lou's in it are No hope alas, as one of the best colts in Aus is in it named Leap To Fame. Grant has said he could be better than Colt Thirty One (a Vic Derby winner in his year) so is a special for both Derbies next fortnight.

Good News though !! is the Sweet Lou's you and Globe like FIRE FOX in race 7 and SPIRIT of StLouis in race 8 , have drawn 1 and 2 at the barrier , so should both nearly win their races.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:52 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Only The Group 3 South East Derby this week Karrots, is only a lead-up to the real thing Group 1 Queensland Derby worth plenty , on next week.

Your Sweet Lou's in it are No hope alas, as one of the best colts in Aus is in it named Leap To Fame. Grant has said he could be better than Colt Thirty One (a Vic Derby winner in his year) so is a special for both Derbies next fortnight.

Good News though !! is the Sweet Lou's you and Globe like FIRE FOX in race 7 and SPIRIT of StLouis in race 8 , have drawn 1 and 2 at the barrier , so should both nearly win their races.

No hope hey. They heard you say that & said right lets go get em hohoho.

Bam CantfindabettorMan, (Sweet Lou) wins Derby tonight. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

No hope hey. They heard you say that & said right lets go get em hohoho.

Bam CantfindabettorMan, (Sweet Lou) wins Derby tonight. 

touche ' !!!! 😆yes that Luke McCarthy is an absolute gun Trainer /driver. and great win trailing the leader by your 'Bam'ming man. meanwhile  LEAP TO FAME sitting parked out for last mile only a neck away. 

Bring on the Group 1 'real' QLD Derby next week I say .

Could Karrots get a Double Touche ? unlikely ? LB leaping with fame after that one lol.😉

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:52 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Spirit unlucky to get shuffled back 3 back, after burning hard off the gate. Nice run to sprint hard again at end taking ground off leader & pass trail horse for 2nd. Firefox every chance in lead, but putted out.

Speaking of which re trainer Grimson, what happened to his entire team last nite? Had read an hyped up article about him then nothing. Looks like only 1 winner & no place getters, not even sure he got any 4ths across both meetings Albion & Menangle. Not his nite hey. Majestic Cruiser not showing that sizzling recent NZ form. 

10 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

touche ' !!!! 😆yes 

Could Karrots get a Double Touche ? unlikely ? LB leaping with fame after that one lol.😉

Would have to be at least a chance if gets another top run & fav does it tough. Shorter distance is overall better for Lous tho. Guess nxt weeks Derby is the long trip. 

Gee saw video online a nasty accident in Oz. Yikes lucky everyone horses & humans all walked away with no serious injuries. The trail horse got run over not once but twice :classic_sad:

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Gee saw video online a nasty accident in Oz. Yikes lucky everyone horses & humans all walked away with no serious injuries. The trail horse got run over not once but twice

Gee that was a nasty one. One of the worst i've ever seen . HarnessLink has the video from Mildura up. and one mangled  driver giving a thumbs up thankfully from his hospital bed.

2 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Speaking of which re trainer Grimson, what happened to his entire team last nite? Had read an hyped up article about him then nothing. Looks like only 1 winner & no place getters,

He's only very young and doing a great job. hard to pick on the current Interdominion Champion trainer really. His Training 'Team-mate' (they train their horses togeather from same barn) the young ex-pat kiwi Jack Trainor' Won the Group 1 mares race last night with kiwi mare TOWN ECHO. great stuff...well done to all those connections .

Edited by Lightning Blue
spelling

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

Gee that was a nasty one. One of the worst i've ever seen . HarnessLink has the video from Mildura up. and one mangled  driver giving a thumbs up thankfully from his hospital bed.

He's only very young and doing a great job. hard to pick on the current Interdominion Champion trainer really. His Training 'Team-mate' (they train their horses togeather from same barn) the young ex-pat kiwi Jack Trainor' Won the Group 1 mares race last night with kiwi mare TOWN ECHO. great stuff...well done to all those connections .

Yeah thats where I saw the crash video on Harness link & yes saw that pic re driver. Yikes. 

Yeah saw that win re Town Echo - Trainor and write up on Harness link about it. Was a pretty neat win for the young man. Sounds like it was unexpected. Those ones are always the best.

Heres the write up I read again on Harness link, re Grimson. Says they are great friends but dont train in a partnership. Train separately. Speaking of Harness Link its a good media harness outlet to follow 👍😀 Gives all the stories the good & the bad. Plus some other ones. They did a story on famous sports peoples that horses were named after. There is 1 up about a sales place, threatening a media writer yikes.   

https://harnesslink.com/australia/the-new-kid-on-the-big-stage/

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

touche ' !!!!  'Bam'ming man. 

T Chmiel doing the bamming today on Sweet Lou - Lizzie Ritcher. From unruly too, bam off & running straight for the top. Handle bars down. Head shake no when Fav comes around to challenge. Gets a well deserved win. Wasnt someone publically po-pooing her ... (not you) anyway as Miss Piggy says "hee yah". She showed em today. 

Miss Piggy Karate GIF

Edited by karrotsishere

48 minutes ago, Purple Parsnip said:

can turn them around that chap

These site can be so entertaining sometimes. Will do a recap especially for you, as know you will like it. 

"Spitty is a dog & will never win a race & should be retired now". (Starts a thread on this). Spitty goes on to win multiple races. 

"Lizzy is a dog & should be retired now. "Why would someone even breed from her dam". (Starts a threat on this). Lizzy goes on to win a race from unruly. 

"Im always on the money". "Im never wrong".

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:50 PM, Lightning Blue said:

Bring on the Group 1 'real' QLD Derby next week I say .

Draws out Lightening. Will stick with the Lous. Cantfindabettorman drawn 2. Your boy, Leap of faith 2nd row car park. 

Spirit drawn 3 in Blakes A Fake. 

• Like 1