The Race Place

If you managed to tip the card in one at Caulfield yesterday

Hesi

Things you might expect to get

1.  About $920 in collects if you put $10 on each selection

2.  An email from the TAB, delisting your account

3.  To be contacted by Racenet to take over their tipping

4.  A cynical letter from NZ Lotteries, telling you the odds of doing that were about 238 million to one, equivalent to winning Powerball at about 30 mil plus

5.  Last and most definitely the least, $50 from Push Button Auto's(Mk 2) Comp, if you weren't banned of course:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, VvD said:

It gets worse.

The narcissist on Racecafe has come up with a comp where you have to select the Everest finishing order from Last to First, in one pick.

If 12 horses run, there are only 479 million possible combinations.  Good luck with that one - better off buying a powerball ticket.

Interesting that he has expressed it as "last to first" - I wonder if he realises that is the same as naming them from first to last. 

and I'm picking his mate Scooby will express surprise when nobody gets close :)

12 factorial, from school days

I didn't just go to eat my lunches.  And those were the days, when Mum made you cut sandwiches wrapped in greaseproof paper(no cling wrap then), usually marmite or peanut butter.  None of this smoked chicken and avocado panini

Yep, dripping sandwiches, had those

Black pudding

Boiled tongue every  couple of weeks

I don't think my parents were that well off.

And seeing as it is the rugby time of year, sitting in front of the radiogram(that my father built) at 2 in the morning, listening to the 1960's AB's in South Africa, playing teams like Border, Griqualand West, Orange Free state and all the different Transvaals

And my son looks sideways at me, because I'm not the enthusiastic follower of the AB's that I used to be

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

12 factorial, from school days

I didn't just go to eat my lunches.  And those were the days, when Mum made you cut sandwiches wrapped in greaseproof paper(no cling wrap then), usually marmite or peanut butter.  None of this smoked chicken and avocado panini

Yep Mum made my lunch just the same, everyday.

And on parent/ teacher day she would inspect my wooden desk with the flip top and low and behold there they were, mold and all. To busy playing to waste time eating. We got free milk tho although it was normally curdled by the time the milk moniker bought it round.