The Race Place

read it and weep

Enteebee

10 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Clueless. 

What? , because I agreed with your three paragraphs ??        hahahaha.... shooting yourself as well as everyone else Rusty? . 

Do you want me to disagree with you then ? ...... having trained horses for 15 years mate then did vet for 15 years, so have got 'some clues' thanks.

I assume you are trying to insult me ? Just as the lead article on this thread is an insult to Harness Racing .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Do you want me to disagree with you then ? ...... having trained horses for 15 years mate then did vet for 15 years, so have got 'some clues' thanks.

I couldn't care less if you agree or disagree, you are fully entitled to your own opinion. 

I'm reminded of a quote from William G McAdoo; 

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." 

So I shan't bother engaging further. 

I have said my piece.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I couldn't care less if you agree or disagree, you are fully entitled to your own opinion. 

I'm reminded of a quote from William G McAdoo; 

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." 

So I shan't bother engaging further. 

I have said my piece.

Yeah , throw in clueless and now ignorant ? and then run away . that's like a PeterProfit type thing to do. 

Here's what I wrote so Would be nice to know which bits are Not Accurate ?

(This is for the general audience , not you Rusty , being disengaged after your 2 insults and all )

6 hours ago, Rusty said:

Performance enhancing drugs that are not detectable with swabbing practices (at the time) have been occuring in NZ since as long as I can remember, and there is no reason to think it has changed now.

The authorities in this country, and every country I suspect, do the best job they possibly can, within the limitations of their available resources at their disposal. 

"Garage chemists" as the aforementioned article describes them, have been around for decades, and will continue to be, for so long as there is stakemoney in racing, with inadequate testing facilities. 

Expand  

Mate , you keep grizzling , but you have touched on the three things here in the three paragraphs you wrote,  that are all probably happening .!! *so whats the problem?? 

Are we supposed to STOP ALL racing because of it .?  Do you want every trainer interrogated to flush out their training/treatment regime' ?  

Alford and McGrath have been caught and removed . So what's the problem ? cheats are caught . All good ...........

Let the 'testing' authorities do their job mate instead of disparaging the sport . EVERY sport has drugs administered . Nothing new . *So what's the problem??

Any amount of horse trainers have been caught and DQed Eventually, if they persist with pushing the boundaries. *So whats the problem ??

Human athletes at the elite level all get some sorts of treatment. Some are caught crossing/exceeding the legal parameters and are put out for a suspension term . All those Olympic runners , Sharapova, even Warnie at the cricket, any amount of cyclists lol.. Armstrong at the very top got away with it for years .....   One goddamn doctor evil treated and destroyed nearly the whole Essendon Football club...  

So enjoy the racing while it's still going .!!!  A few of you are just SHOOTING the Product.(harness racing)  just helping destroy it (Like you are doing the Dr Dank ) 

Professional horsemem and women, some the very best in the country of NZ , being assasinated by PeterArchieButIdiot and a few on here from reading that tripe . THERE"S THE PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Integrity plays an important part of Racing. 

If anything is going to come out re C Jones case, one would think will appear in next couple of weeks or not at all. As coming up 2 months now. 

A note that when Rusty & Happy pointed C Jones out on here, within approx 1 month, his horse was scratched by authorities & an investigation was announced publicially. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

A few of you are just SHOOTING the Product.(harness racing)  just helping destroy it (Like you are doing the Dr Dank ) 

Professional horsemem and women, some the very best in the country of NZ , being assasinated by PeterArchieButIdiot and a few on here from reading that tripe . THERE"S THE PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May I remind you of what you said about the driving at Hawera.

You are accusing the drivers of not trying to win in their races. Well, that is calling them cheats. Is that not assassinating the character of these drivers? Calling into disrepute one of NZ's greatest harness racing families?

Surely, the comments below are shooting the product and helping to destroy it?

Well the drives on American Me (JAbernathy)  and New York Minute (David Butcher again) were terrible in the Stratford Cup Race 8 . 

The 2 best horses in the race by a long way, and they just Tag along at the back and run on late , not even trying to get near the win. 

Commentator even said they are being kept for the 3000m Hawera Cup on Sunday , so today just a sighter. Whatta Disgrace. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

May I remind you of what you said about the driving at Hawera.

You are accusing the drivers of not trying to win in their races. Well, that is calling them cheats. Is that not assassinating the character of these drivers? Calling into disrepute one of NZ's greatest harness racing families?

Surely, the comments below are shooting the product and helping to destroy it?

Well the drives on American Me (JAbernathy)  and New York Minute (David Butcher again) were terrible in the Stratford Cup Race 8 . 

The 2 best horses in the race by a long way, and they just Tag along at the back and run on late , not even trying to get near the win. 

Commentator even said they are being kept for the 3000m Hawera Cup on Sunday , so today just a sighter. Whatta Disgrace. 

Good grief Happy , make me out to be the bad guy. Sure ! why not . been defending harness racing for my entire life.  

Commenting on drives is NOT destroying the industry and you know It . We were own just having a joke about Newman and High Flying Harry the other day , and I also said Smiths drive on something at Westport was very poor too.

That's just an opinion mate , doesn't make me the bad guy. 

I'm trying to say the article at the beginning of this thread is DAMAGING for the Industry 

That is Not Bringing the industry into disrepute. (commenting on drives) there was a very poor drive by D Butcher on CAULFIELD at Hawera as well,  why does that make me the bad guy ?? It was a poor drive IMO as in the effort to win being tame . 

Trusty 'Rusty thinks i'm ignorant? lol..... wouldn't be commenting if I was ignorant Rusty , would I ? makes me the opposite actually lol , and it's a FORUM , where you make an opinion . not insults.

Nor use it as an accusation base, and not expect  us 'CLueless ones' reacting for the GOOD OF THE GAME. but make me out as the bad guy ? Why not ? Big Bad LB  .... sounds good !!!!  gave a comment on a race- drive or two ?? whippy dick . thats not quite slamming the industry to pieces like Profit and some rather unsavoury posts on this forum . IMO from the bad guy. ..... 

• Like 1

Guest Wilfred
8 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Good grief Happy , make me out to be the bad guy. Sure ! why not . been defending harness racing for my entire life.  

Commenting on drives is NOT destroying the industry and you know It . We were own just having a joke about Newman and High Flying Harry the other day , and I also said Smiths drive on something at Westport was very poor too.

That's just an opinion mate , doesn't make me the bad guy. 

I'm trying to say the article at the beginning of this thread is DAMAGING for the Industry 

That is Not Bringing the industry into disrepute. (commenting on drives) there was a very poor drive by D Butcher on CAULFIELD at Hawera as well,  why does that make me the bad guy ?? It was a poor drive IMO as in the effort to win being tame . 

Trusty 'Rusty thinks i'm ignorant? lol..... wouldn't be commenting if I was ignorant Rusty , would I ? makes me the opposite actually lol , and it's a FORUM , where you make an opinion . not insults.

Nor use it as an accusation base, and not expect  us 'CLueless ones' reacting for the GOOD OF THE GAME. but make me out as the bad guy ? Why not ? Big Bad LB  .... sounds good !!!!  gave a comment on a race- drive or two ?? whippy dick . thats not quite slamming the industry to pieces like Profit and some rather unsavoury posts on this forum . IMO from the bad guy. ..... 

It's good that someone with experience in the industry calls out bad driving when it occurs. I think it's healthy.

Harness racing is damaged.

From the convicted drug cheats, the low stakes and high costs, the horse drain overseas, the 'weak' driving, the closure of tracks, the sickly state of Auckland harness and its surrounds, the inconsistencies in RIB decisions, the betting markets being shafted by out of form runners, the integrity of race starters to the lack of independence control in the game. The list goes on but I have gone on too much.

If it weren't for the horses it would be a pretty sad game. 

Won't be a lot left to defend if we aren't careful.

Anyway, I will reread some feel good stories about 'the race' and watch an old woodham state of the union address to inspire me and then I might try to pick the winner of the harness miliions 3 year old trot. I reckon I am onto a sure thing  there.....a top 4 bet should go good.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

, the closure of tracks, the sickly state of Auckland harness and its surrounds,

A sad day when Auckland closes . Such a big city and so much fine tradition at Alexandra Park. I remember many races clear as a bell. and even as recently as the last Auckland Cup and last Rowe Cup , some pretty good (top notch) horses have been taking the big plums.  

Was talking with a bloke today , who is of the opinion the 'higher' powers that be are letting it phase out to the point where they can sell it off and recover the debt. Therefore my bail out ideas of getting benefactors to prop it up (like Albion Park was ) seem far -fetched and it's all a lost cause.... oh dear. 

I guess you mean Franklin (Pukekohe) with surrounds . That gets sold off too I spose ? Used to be enough horses there that they could have there own Non -tote race days . was excellent for the lower slower runners (of which there were many that weren't in Roys stable ! lol........

• Like 2