The Race Place

Thanks for the bum steer on In A Twinkling

Hesi

Thought  it might be a good bet today,  so checked  out the stipes report on it's bad run in the Egmont Cup

C Grylls could offer no excuses

D Bradley??? thought the horse might be better suited  to rain affected footing 

Te Rapa D4 today

?????

LOL... I crossed it out of my selections for PJ's comp ...(and, believe it or not, crossed out Pep Torque as well!) Just felt it hadnt shown enough in those two runs back. Class is permanent, though ...shoulda given it one more chance. The evil one aka Say No More, didn't make our mistake!!

55 minutes ago, Maximus said:

The evil one aka Say No More, didn't make our mistake!!

The astute one.............

One advantage of posting late

They interviewed Richards after race 1 or 2 from memory he was asked what was his best for the day he replied In A Twinkling not Equinox, there was always going to be a few improvers with the improved track conditions, ln a Twinkling was placed in the NZ Derby???

What I’m still trying to decipher is did Ripcord have 6 legs??

Edited by VC!

I used to listen to the radio program on about 8am on a Saturday but have decided that although sounding knowledgeable, trainers would seem to be the worst (apart from Jockeys) judge of their horses around.
I liked to wait until they had to nominate their "best of the day" and then know which stood no chance to winning. And if they had two or three in the same race... guess which one always wins?
That said Jamie Richards is one of the better ones around in telling the public "helpful information".
If John moved on to In A Twinkling because of it, then all power to him. The rest of us were trusting in form and we all know where that gets you at Te Rapa.

Edited by JustPlodded
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, VC! said:

The astute one.............

One advantage of posting late

They interviewed Richards after race 1 or 2 from memory he was asked what was his best for the day he replied In A Twinkling not Equinox, there was always going to be a few improvers with the improved track conditions, ln a Twinkling was placed in the NZ Derby???

What I’m still trying to decipher is did Ripcord have 6 legs??

That was my thinking Ian, In A Twinkling is a good horse, but I looked up the stipes report for it's last start at Egmont

IN A TWINKLING (C Grylls) – Rider could offer no excuse. D Bradley was of the opinion the mare was better suited to more rain affected going.

Then I see the latest stipe report from yesterday

IN A TWINKLING (O Bosson) - When questioned regarding the improved performance, trainer J Richards advised that after a fair effort two starts back the gelding had been disappointing in its most recent run when in his opinion it had not been suited once runners had improved around it but had been better suited today racing on the pace outside the leader in the clear, also adding that he had experimented with a change of gear today adding a cross over noseband. 

I think these guys when questioned, just come up with the first thing that comes into their mind, that sounds credible.......in other words, bullshit

• Like 2

Hesi you are too smart to be listening to guff from jockeys! On A Twinkling had put up good performances on tracks rated 7, 8 and 3. 

Now, whether he is good enough to win or not, or in form or not, thats another question but the ground issue can be ruled out for sure.

Good comment from JustPlodded also, without doubt some trainers are feckers and some are helpful feckers, could be plenty of advantage in knowing who wears which costume. 

• Like 1